“Wonderful people”

Lakeshore Inn and RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Lakeshore Inn and RV Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Lakehead B&B and Inns
wa
“Wonderful people”
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Here's the deal, nice people, nice place, nice price. We stayed four nights and loved every one. Thursday and Sunday were kareokee and Friday and Saturday we had live music. One band was ok, the other was real good. The food is good and so are the drinks at the Barefoot bar. The way the camp is layed out with the music is at one end and it is quiet at the other. Unlike other camps in the area, they are not night time noise natzi's. We came down from the Seattle area so my daughter could enjoy the lake, She is 13 and you only have to be 12 to use Seadoo's in California. (14 in Wa.) Also, my Seadoos are older 2 strokes and won't be alowed in Ca in the next few years, So now was the time. Every member of the staff were wonderful to us. My wife even made friends with Sue. We stayed in our RV this time but will probly get a cabin next year. Some people complain about road and train noise but I never heard a thing from inside my RV. It is an older park but everything worked well for us. Back next year.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nevada
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Let's talk about false advertising...they say come and stay on the beautiful lake shasta. Well, there is nothing beautiful anymore about their location...there is a tiny amount of water. Not their fault granted, but don't bill it like you are on the lake. Next, if you don't have live entertainment because you "can't afford" it, don't advertise it. If you don't have cable because of whatever reason, don't advertise that either and really...signs up everywhere for free wi-fi, should state that you have to be a paying customer in their bar to use it. We would never go back. We complained and wanted to leave a day early and they wouldn't give refund. I read another review like this too. Stay away from this place, go down the road and find two that are much more appealing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ann F
san diego, california
Reviewed August 1, 2009

karoake was never more fun. a very cool bar with great prices on drinks, pool, and a staff which is extremely accommodating. the owner was super nice, barbara the bartender is the best, and erik - our waiter was part standup comedian and part dj.

live music on saturdays is terrific.

if you're up in lake shasta, you should head to lakeshore inn

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
san rafael
Reviewed July 27, 2009

way too crowded with no privacy or shade. dining room staff was truly great and really fun. the bar has two nice pool tables. there is outside dining, a swimming pool and a game room. don't think of this place as a campground. it is more like an overpriced ghetto motel. don't plan to stay here... but definitely stop by to have some drinks and look over the lake.
the owners are a joke. they have bad manners and absoulutely no social skills.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank irdSanRafael
Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I have never complained about a vacation getaway in my life, but this place has forced me to make the facts known.
First off I will say that we loved our location on the lake. The view from the deck was perfect. That was soon forgoten when we saw rat droppings in the kitchen on our Second night. We let the "house keeper" know about the problem. She brought some D-CON to our cabin and felt irratated that we asked to correct the problem.
The following day we came of the boat to find MICE had ate through our 3 year old daughters bag, and chewed through 4 pairs of her clothing. Mouse droppings had been left in the bag, the kitchen, and anouther room that my parents kept there clothes.
When brought to the owners attention, they blamed us for bringing the rats and mice to there cabin. They said they "never", look at previous evaluations, had any problems with mice. We wanted to make things right, but they just told us to leave and paid for the clothing that was eaten by the Mice. they didn't charge us for the last night stay, but it was the night they made us leave. We had no problem leaving this rat's nest, but the fact that they accused us of bringing on the problem made me irrate.
The house was gross, and the owners were equally disgusting. I would not recommend this place to anyone for these reasons.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank datduck11
San Jose,ca
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We went to relax and enjoy camping in an Rv and the place is nice people were nice and it had a relaxing atmosphere.The staff was nice to talk to and the bar had a friendly attitude We played pool ,swim ed and danced on Friday and Saturday when they had bands play. I liked the drinks at the bar , we had two long island iced teas and they were delicious The bathrooms were clean and had staff cleaning them everyday in the morning.I would recommend that they trim the trees at space #23 so you can have a better look at the lake. We visited the Shasta Caverns and the Shasta Dam.Also one more thing to consider, their is a train that passes near the RV park all day every two hours and stops running at 10:00 pm but the train is OK with me.I would go their again.:)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bigEsanjose
California
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I have never been treat so bad. The owners have no right to be in business. I own a small busness myself and I would never treat my guest/customers the way they did. They deserve to go out of business.
They would not give any discount or refund your money if you were not happy.
I had to run my generator the time I stayed there because their electrical system is so out of date and wired by the owner not a qualified electrician.
I am calling the building inspectors to go look at this dump. It is not safe.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the owners
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank wwwwty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
Bridge Bay at Shasta Lake
Bridge Bay at Shasta Lake
#19 of 36 in Redding
Dunsmuir Inn & Suites Hotel

Been to Lakeshore Inn and RV Park? Share your experiences!