“Nasty!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Lakeshore Inn and RV Park
Ranked #2 of 2 Lakehead B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This was the nastiest place that I have ever stayed. I could not bear to stay the last night of my three night stay, and drove part way home that night. I know a guy in Redding that may give you a deal on bull dozing the cabins. Nice healthy ant population in the bathroom as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Don B
There are newer reviews for Lakeshore Inn and RV Park

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed at the Lakeshore Inn and RV Park from July 20 through the 27th. This place was a joke, the food in the restaurant was over-priced, for a $9.95 club sandwich you got a nasty “Budding” meat sandwich, the service was horrible and nearly every person on site was related. We were definitely the outsiders with a few other families. The pool was nice, except when the men that work there sit, drink beer and watch you in the water, super creepy. Our site was right next to the dump station, so yes, we smelt that for a whole week. The restrooms were closed for hours on end for cleaning, and never looked any cleaner after the closure. The advertised free Wi-Fi was not working, and after sitting in the restaurant for an hour the waitress said “I don’t think Aunt Charlotte paid the bill, so the internet is not working”. I went to the office 3 days later and “Aunts Charlotte’s” sister told me that “we never had Wi-Fi before and I don’t think anyone will die without it”. Well, sorry I booked a week here with the assumption you had Wi-Fi so I could work if need be. The store was overpriced, Wal-Mart in Redding charged $0.88 for a 10lb bag of ice oppose to the $2.75 for a 2lb bag, definitely worth the trip to Redding if you are stuck at this place for a week like we were. They tried to overcharge us by $200, by charging our camping buddies for our site as well as theirs. I understand they are trying to sell the property due to financial hardship, but seriously stop ripping off your customers and ruin the place for the next buyer. This place has potential of being a real money maker, if you run it like a business, not a family hangout. If the owners would charge the family members that “live there” they would probably be doing well financially. It is hard to run a business when you only have a handful of actual paying customers.

Room Tip: Keep on driving...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JJM082011
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I had stayed here 10 years ago while passing through and it had an impact on me so I decided to bring my 4 year-old boy and girlfriend for another go. I remember the surly owners and the stark contrast to a "Bridge Bay"(which I have also stayed at) level of cleanliness and expectations.
I can say that maybe it's the maturity of parenthood, but I got along great with Charlotte (owner) and the other staff this time. I had some issues with the Satellite having to be reconnected in my cabin and had to go and see her 4 times on the first night after 9pm and my god, she was very pleasant and even came to the cabin herself to fix the Satellite. It does say that they have free satellite and it also says that you need to bring your own TV set - I did and it wasn't a big deal for my son's happiness.
DO NOT come here expecting a 4 or 5 star resort because this is a trailer park with a few self contained cabins.
DO come here for a holiday or weekend if you like parties. This is a young, boat-loving resort and likes to get loud but it's quiet when you get back to your cabin out of the way.
My son had a blast and quite frankly - so did I.

So it is what it is...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Norvigicus
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Here's the deal, nice people, nice place, nice price. We stayed four nights and loved every one. Thursday and Sunday were kareokee and Friday and Saturday we had live music. One band was ok, the other was real good. The food is good and so are the drinks at the Barefoot bar. The way the camp is layed out with the music is at one end and it is quiet at the other. Unlike other camps in the area, they are not night time noise natzi's. We came down from the Seattle area so my daughter could enjoy the lake, She is 13 and you only have to be 12 to use Seadoo's in California. (14 in Wa.) Also, my Seadoos are older 2 strokes and won't be alowed in Ca in the next few years, So now was the time. Every member of the staff were wonderful to us. My wife even made friends with Sue. We stayed in our RV this time but will probly get a cabin next year. Some people complain about road and train noise but I never heard a thing from inside my RV. It is an older park but everything worked well for us. Back next year.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Let's talk about false advertising...they say come and stay on the beautiful lake shasta. Well, there is nothing beautiful anymore about their location...there is a tiny amount of water. Not their fault granted, but don't bill it like you are on the lake. Next, if you don't have live entertainment because you "can't afford" it, don't advertise it. If you don't have cable because of whatever reason, don't advertise that either and really...signs up everywhere for free wi-fi, should state that you have to be a paying customer in their bar to use it. We would never go back. We complained and wanted to leave a day early and they wouldn't give refund. I read another review like this too. Stay away from this place, go down the road and find two that are much more appealing.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ann F
Reviewed August 1, 2009

karoake was never more fun. a very cool bar with great prices on drinks, pool, and a staff which is extremely accommodating. the owner was super nice, barbara the bartender is the best, and erik - our waiter was part standup comedian and part dj.

live music on saturdays is terrific.

if you're up in lake shasta, you should head to lakeshore inn

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2009

way too crowded with no privacy or shade. dining room staff was truly great and really fun. the bar has two nice pool tables. there is outside dining, a swimming pool and a game room. don't think of this place as a campground. it is more like an overpriced ghetto motel. don't plan to stay here... but definitely stop by to have some drinks and look over the lake.
the owners are a joke. they have bad manners and absoulutely no social skills.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank irdSanRafael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
#5 of 37 in Redding
Dunsmuir Lodge
Dunsmuir Lodge
#4 of 6 in Dunsmuir

Been to Lakeshore Inn and RV Park? Share your experiences!