“Dogs Warmly Welcomed”
Review of Shasta Lake Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Shasta Lake Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lakehead
Bozeman, Montana
“Dogs Warmly Welcomed”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

There are many good things to say about this motel. We stayed four days when we'd only intended one night. It is far enough from the freeway that traffic noise is faint.There are tall pines and covered places to lounge. The motel is old but very clean and the rooms are cute and individualized. We had a kitchenette and it was adequate for our needs. It is ideally located between Redding and Mt. Shasta. And, the price is right!

Where Lake Shasta Motel shines, however, is in what a good place it is for dogs. It is walking distance to the lake and in a fine little neighborhood. The long time owners are dog lovers. There is a large and varied play area for dogs. And, as long as you clean up after them and keep your dogs in sight [and they are the not biting kind], they can roam a bit. It is the only place we've ever stayed where our dog tried to stay behind when it was time to leave.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Redding, California
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been staying here weekly while working away from home. The owners have been more than accommodating and are very friendly. The rooms are always clean and the location is conveniently located near the freeway. I have been staying here on and off for the past year and a half, and have always had a great experience. The beds are comfortable, the refrigerators are ice cold, the tvs work just fine, and the rates are realistic. There's also chairs outside each room to sit and enjoy the fresh mountain air. The best part about it is they allow my little dog to stay with me and have grown quite fond of him. They have done their best to make it almost like a little "home away from home" for me while I stay there. I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone in the area or just passing by.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Donald F
Redding, California, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The rooms were very cute and well maintained. the one I was bunked in had a very well put together fisher-mans theme. its almost right off the freeway so its easy to find and its only a few minutes away from a boat launch so you could go fishing at the lake!. I don't know if pets are allowed or not, but they had a few dogs roaming around so I think its safe to say they are. The lady who ushered me to my room was very pleasant and her little dog with the sweater was so cute following her around. I only stayed one day but it was definitely worth the stop as I was traveling north. I think there was a pool too, but I didn't bother since it was snowing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lizzard R
Los Molinos, California
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently stayed here and although we only slept in our room, the owners were fantastic! They allowed us to keep our small dogs (kenneled) in the room while we attended our family reunion. They refroze our cooler packs for us and offered us some bottles that had ice in them. The second day we came back to the room to find a fan had been placed for our dogs, although the room was very cool. Outside accommodations were A+, they even had what looked like a small fairy garden! The pool area was very clean and had plenty of tables and chairs, and the pool was very refreshing! The owners go above and beyond to make sure their guests are comfortable. We would definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our family recently stayed 2 nights at Shasta Lake Motel. We had a total of 3 rooms, and all members of our group were very disappointed with their rooms. Specifically, the list of negatives is as follows: No Wi-Fi in the rooms, although there it supposedly works down by the pool. However, there are not facilities there, such as a table and chair, the refrigerator in our did not work, there is no phone in the rooms, the cobwebs were frightening when I looked behind the TV to see if there was a HDMI connection available, the wall air conditioner was filthy with dust bunnies, there was just one chair in the room and no table, there were no facilities in the bathroom to put anything down, such as shelf or something, the beds were so bad that we decided to go home (2.5 hr trip) rather than suffer the pain of another night. There was no ice machine available. We got the feeling from the owners that we really needed to deal with the discrepancies. I'm 70 years old, so I've seen a few motels in my day, but this place would only be acceptable IF the price was in the $35-$40 range. Unbelievably bad overall.

Room Tip: Don't bother