“I DO STAY THERE EVERY CHANCE I GET!”
Review of Shasta Lake Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Shasta Lake Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lakehead
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I found this clean, comfortable, cozy, and homey place about 7-8 years ago. i now stay there 3-4 nights a week twice a year after my two major tax prep deadlines. I get a major wind-down and lots of rest and relaxation. The owners, Jay and Stephanie, are friendly, warm, and helpful. On my most recent visit, there was a local area emergency and Stephanie helped me stay in touch with family at home since I do not carry a cell phone. If you are looking for some quality down time away from office chaos, this is a great place to come. The rooms come with TVs and DirectTV for some entertainment if so desired.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AL S
There are newer reviews for Shasta Lake Motel

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This year my husband and I had to accept the fact that he would have to commute several hours from home. By the second week we realized it was too difficult for him to drive back and forth every day from where we live, which is how we found this pleasant motel. The room we like has a small kitchen with all amenities and the room has a cabin-like feel. The owners are helpful and friendly yet are aware of our need for privacy. There is a very nice restaurant, market and bar within walking distance and Lake Shasta is close by. We've been staying here a couple of nights a week for the last three months and it has always been a peaceful experience.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen_in_paradise
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had the pleasure (and I do mean "pleasure") of spending a night on the road at this quaint, lovely motel in the small village of Lakehead, California. Up until this night we had stayed in a couple of motels in Salinas, California and Stockton, California. Neither one of these motels could hold a candle to Shasta Lake Motel. It was very clean, and very quiet. The rooms were decorated to reflect the fishing and boating activites of the area. The owners, Jay and Stephanie Fleenor couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We will definitely stop here again on future trips down I-5.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank June N
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We booked this place for 2 nights after seeing some good reviews and the pics make the motel look nice enough. Make no mistake this motel is far from nice. The room was dusty with cob webs and spiders. The furniture was old and poorly maintained. It looked liked the room hadn't been cleaned in weeks. We brought some of our stuff into the hotel and then noticed big black ants crawling around on the bed. At this time we knew we could not stay in this place so I went to the office and made a complaint. the owner was rude and did not care that the room was dirty. At this time I told him that we weren't going to stay and asked for my money back for the second night. He said they do not offer refunds for any reason.
Don't stay at this place its a dump and the owners will steel from you if they get the chance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Joel M
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had a real nice time during our stay in this motel. We stayed for three nights, used the small kitchen to the fullest, and really had a pleasant stay. The owners: Jay and Stephanie were truly cordial, friendly, and helpful. The room was clean and adequate with necessary goodies, the bathroom was fine and the little kitchen had enough cookwares & silverwares. This was certainly not a 5-star hotel, but one would find this place just fine with right expectations for the $$. There is a small grocery store within few hundred yards where you could pick up raw materials for the kitchen projects. The motel has a great location with many nearby attractions. We will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: The room with the kitchenette worked out really great for us for an additional $10/day - we will try...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Santanu Maitra M
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I feel like the reviews here are a little skewed. It's obvious that people are looking for "rustic with a hammock." All other needs are secondary. That's fine, I do rustic - a lot - but I just wasn't too impressed. There's a pool. Yep. The lake is close. Uh-huh. The owner even has a bird. Woo-hoo. Still, I didn't think it was anything special. I've stayed at another place along Shasta Lake and it was nicer. My advice, keep heading north to McCloud and stay at the Guest House ESPECIALLY if there are say, four of you. At the Guest House, you can rent out the entire side house for $145 a night (opposed to two rooms at the motel for $180). Oh, and you get breakfast at the Guest House.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank spankyandsarah
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This small motel is super cozy, and the price was affordable. You can hear a little road noise from the room, but it is very minor and somewhat expected when you aren't very far off the freeway (but it's really convenient). The owner checked us in and was super friendly. The room and bed were comfortable and very clean. The furnishings are not new, but you can tell it is well cared for. I especially like that the owners live right onsite. We stayed in a standard queen room, it had a fridge and microwave as well as an air conditioner, a heater that worked really fast & free wifi. The bar & grill across the street serves pretty decent food. We'll definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Sonja J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
#2 of 37 in Redding
Bridge Bay at Shasta Lake
Bridge Bay at Shasta Lake
#22 of 37 in Redding

Been to Shasta Lake Motel? Share your experiences!