“beware price gouging”
Review of Neu Lodge Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakehead
Neu Lodge Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lakehead
Pacifica, California
“beware price gouging”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

talked to nice wife who gave me one price and then her nasty grumpy husband processed my card for another higher price and when I mentioned his wife's quote he said "she was wrong" and that was it. I told him I would not be staying the night due to being lied to and they still charged my card which I will now have to dispute the charge

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Jane W, Manager at Neu Lodge Motel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
While this response is 3 years late, we wanted to apologize for the experience you had with the motel pricing. Since your stay in 2010, we have changed management. Thank you for your candid review. It helped us make the necessary changes to ensure this kind of experience does not happen again. We hope you considering staying with us next time and seeing our newly remodeled rooms and friendly management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Very nice off the main drag place to stay. Very scenic and quiet.

Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
san francisco
Reviewed August 10, 2006

We went up to the Shasta area for a week or so of relaxing. We stopped at the Neu lodge after reading about it online. The guy at the window/office was pretty rude. Would not let us look before paying. Said wehad already interupted his nap! I felt like we were annoying just by wanting to give the place our business.

There were nails sticking up through the carpet. Dirty. Not at all what we were expecting. I wasnt expecting first class-but really, this place is not worth it. The Lakehead Lodge down the road looked a lot better. Thankfully I didnt book the three days we were going to stay online-as they don't refund cancellations. We left after one night.

• Liked — nice back area
  • Disliked — staff/dirty
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank sillygiggle
Jane W, Manager at Neu Lodge Motel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
While this response is 7 years late, we wanted to apologize for the experience you had with the motel. Since your stay in 2004, we have changed management and have remodeled our rooms. Thank you for your candid review. It helped us make the necessary changes to ensure this kind of experience does not happen again.
Reviewed June 27, 2006

i will stay there again next week. Loved it and the friendly manager. We had all that we needed and air conditioning that worked. Great pool. No complaints.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
lafayette, ca
Reviewed June 16, 2006

Do not stay here! Whatever you do just do not. NO service, dirty....

• Stayed June 2006
13 Thank mshab
Reviewed March 31, 2005

Reading the horror story the other customer wrote was not the experience I had when staying at this motel. Not only were the rates very reasonable, the quality you received for them was excellent. For just a few dollars more than you would spend at a Motel 6, you received a spacious room with many extra perks. I was pleased with the refridgerators, microwaves, and coffee pots that were included and the surroundings were just beautiful! I like to take walks in the evening and did so as usual. After walking just a few hundred yards I was at the lake! It was so refreshing to look up at the surrounding mountains and feel the fresh air. It's nice to know places like this exist. I would definately recommend this motel to any traveler!

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2005

I read the previous review of the Neu Lodge Motel on this website and was deterred from staying there on my last trip to Shasta. So, I stayed at another motel in Lakehead, and what an awful experience that was. Not thinking that my stay on Shasta Lake could get worse, the next day I went to the Neu Lodge and told the manager about the bad review and that I'd like to inspect the rooms before I would agree to stay. Well, I was surprised to say the least. The Neu Lodge is certainly not the Hilton, nor was I expecting it to be, but the room I inspected and stayed in was clean, quiet and nothing more or less than typical rustic accomodations so common to "small town" hotels. An occassional spider or grasshopper in Mountain environments is nothing to be alarmed about. I slept well that night, and would recommend this property to anyone who loves beauty, nature and simplicity. And by the way, I asked the Manager about the "higher" rate charged to the previous reviewer, and his reply was that most hotels have seasonal rates which are usually associated with Holiday's. Therefore, if you plan on traveling over the Holiday, prepare to spend a little more for lodging wherever you are.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakehead
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
Comfort Suites Redding
Comfort Suites Redding
#11 of 36 in Redding
La Quinta Inn & Suites Redding

Been to Neu Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!