“Restaurant Has Changed Hands Recently”
Review of Los Palamos - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Los Palamos
Cuisines: Mexican
Caliente, California
“Restaurant Has Changed Hands Recently”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I've lived up here in the Lake Isabella area since 2008, and have eaten at Los Palomos many, many times (Yes, it is Palomos, not Palamos --- it was named for the Palomo family that originally ran the place). You need to know that the restaurant is still called Los Palomos, but it is under new ownership and has different cooks now. The wife and I have been back there twice since it changed hands, the last time was last month, November 2013, and it was OK, but not up to the standards of the Palomo family. I'd call it "average", whereas before, it was excellent! No place that I would go out of my way to eat at, if I had a choice.

Visited November 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican food around”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We love eating here. This is the best Mexican food around. Always good, always consistent. The price is great, the food is great, the service is great. We keep going back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank happytrails2y
Caliente, CA
“Food isn't bad but the rest isn't up to par.........”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've tried Los Palomos a couple of times and each time I say that I won't go back. And now I'll say it again, I won't go back. Now the food is good, a little spicy for my taste, but good. I don't care for the restaurant itself. It has the appearance of being dirty, there's a funny smell coming from it. If you go for the food only and not the "surroundings" then it will be good.

• Visited March 2013
Onyx, California
“Great, Honest Mexican Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

When in the Lake Isabella area, which incidentally, is NOT particularly known for it's gourmet cuisine, the standout for great Mexican food, and plenty of it, is Los Palomos. Note that this is the correct spelling, not the way it is spelled by TripAdvisors. Back to the review: All of their sauces are homemade and they have the most excellent, belly-filling burritos around. This restaurant is family owned and run and you can tell Palomos' love doing it. Try their breakfasts - also superlative. This is definitely honest Mexican food at it's best, and the price is right!

• Visited May 2012