“Neighborhood favorite”

Ranked #3 of 275 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 25, 2012

A great place for breakfast or lunch. Outdoor seating where customers can linger and read the paper over bagels, sandwiches, and salads. Delicious food makes this place a local favorite.

There are newer reviews for Bagels & Brew

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was on my way through Orange County a few months ago and stumbled upon this place. I saw the name and decided I had to go see what it was about. It was a Sunday afternoon and this place was as busy as a New York Night Club. The menu is pretty extensive and the went quickly so I picked the first thing that caught my attention. I ordered a Pesto Florentine Sunrise. When it arrived at my table it was a perfectly, lightly toasted bagel with scrambled egg, spinach, mushrooms, tomato, swiss and the most amazing pesto ailoli I have ever had the pleasure of eating. First off, this place has the most wonderful bagels I have had in a long time. The combination of textures and flavors was an absolute delight to break up my drive. To perfectly complement my bagel I had a cup of the famous Kean Coffee by Martin Diedrich. The decor was simple American cafe style small wood tables and chairs with a color accent wall in the back and some photos of what I am guessing are family members or regular clientele with a charming saying about arriving as strangers and leaving as friends. I didn't make any new friends, but despite the number of people there the service came with a smile. All in all I would have to say that Bagels & Brew was an unexpected delight. Oh, yeah, for all of you with a sweet tooth out there they also sell Nothing Bundt Cake Mini's. I took a chocolate one to go.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I have been regular customers of Bagels & Brew, since they first opened long ago. There are three locations - Mission Viejo, Lake Forest and Aliso Viejo. We go to the locations in Aliso Viejo and Lake Forest at least four times per week.. At the Aliso Viejo location, they are open for dinner also. They serve breakfast all day long at Aliso Viejo. Michelle and Billy are consumate business owners. They are hands-on owners. The managers are very devoted also. Their employees are top notch. All the young kids who work there are very happy in their jobs. They are always willing to help. They always have smiles on their faces. When we go out of the area, we really miss Bagels & Brew. A lot of their customers are daily or at least weekly customers. The Lake Forest store does excellent catering. Bagles & Brew is the PERFECT restaurant for any time of day. My husband and I love their bagels, especially the Bagelwich. It is a choice of bagel with egg, Canadian bacon and cheese. This is a great restaurant for singles, couples, friends , family and business.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I love a bagel breakfast, and this is the best place to meet with your friends, and have a bagel. My favorite is the open face sunrise, I also like the Avocado Tomato open face bagel, with cream cheese... it's so good! Great place to people watch, if you sit outside... This place is packed, make sure you have time. The people are friendly there, service is fast.

Reviewed February 6, 2010

Good food, coffee and orange juice.