“Average !”

Cuisines: Seafood
Pune, India
“Average !”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went to this place located at Irvine Spectrum, during my stay in irvine. I ordered for some options & a beer.

The taste was just about OK and I struggled to finish my food

Visited September 2013

Mission Viejo
“I Am Absolutely Bewildered”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have been eating at various Wahoo's Fish Tacos restaurants for almost 25 years. I love the food and that it is consistently delicious at each of their locations.

For some reason, I am unable to get my order properly prepared at this location. I have a simple request: "A side of white beans and brown rice, with more beans than rice." Simple, right? Apparently not. Every single time, I check my order and it's wrong; there are hardly any white beans, and almost all brown rice. Well, I take that back - sometimes I am served black beans and white rice (when I've paid more for the opposite). Most commonly, though, I have hardly any beans, and a LOT of rice.

I'm not opposed to brown rice, mind you; it's just that it's pretty dry without mixing in a lot of white beans with it. But whatever my reason for ordering as I do, I remain utterly perplexed about why NOBODY at this particular location can get my order right. I mean, I'm not ordering a lot of food; this is not part of a large, complicated order. This IS my order, this and a side of chips and salsa.

A few days ago, I finally thought I'd outsmarted them! I decided that if they couldn't understand my simple request, I would order a LARGE side of white beans and a SMALL side of brown rice. Ha! That would *assure* the proper proportions, right? NOPE! I was served (and charged for) a LARGE side of each!

I wouldn't mention this in a review given that it seems like such a trivial matter and I'm not typically given to complaining, but this has happened every single time I've been to this location in the last nine or so months - at least ten times. I used to come here weekly or more, but I grew weary of this happening each time. I've finally given up.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Danean
Garden Grove, California
“Great Food, good refreshment!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Great food! Very refreshing! Glad i found a source of Mexican deliciousness.

• Visited October 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you want a fish taco...”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

If you want a fish taco this is the place to go. Mitzi loves em.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Diego, California
“Blackened fish tacos! been to this one too..... consitently great..... all of their locations”
Reviewed August 7, 2008