“Great Experience Multiple Times”

Avila's El Ranchito
Ranked #2 of 275 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 23, 2012

When visiting our family in Orange County this is our favorite place to eat. We ate there last November (2011) and just returned in April 2012 and our family's favorite server remembered our November visit and even what we ordered! Don't let the Guacomole - made tableside - get away from you. It's great. Food overall is fresh and well prepared. Service is impeccable and the ambience is a little rustic, even gaudy, but fits the fun loving atmosphere. It has become a locals favorite and ours!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

This place has an intriguing Mexican surf theme. Lots of used surfboards for tables and hanging from the ceiling. Lots of curious stuff on the walls and all over. You can just look and look and smile. The chips were crisp and the salsa spicy with lots of flavor. We ordered some guacamole to go with the chips and the server made it fresh at the table - very good. The margaritas were generous and not watered down. A good start. I had a chile relleno and a carnitas burrito (w/ rice & beans). They were OK, and the pork was tasty, but overall not as good as the environment and starter. My wife had a chile relleno and a chicken enchilada with the same comment; there just wasn't much flavor. The service was good and prices reasonable. I'd have given a better rating if only the main course had been better.

1  Thank Rocks_road
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Ate here several times - we were never impressed. The food was over priced, the service was not great, the drinks were too strong - and I don't mind a strong drink! If you want good Mexican food - go to Don Jose's.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Excellent food, great drinks, reasonable prices, prompt attentive service and very nice people

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I love this place, very exotic like setting, love the friendliness of the staff, very remote, it is not located on Lake Forest Dr nor El Toro Rd, where most of the restaurants are. So, this is more like the local hang out spot. Great food, very affordable, great margaritas also, I cannot stop eating their guacamole!!! out of this world... soooo good! Any plate, any dish you pick will be great. I did not know, so I ordered a Burrito, it was sooo big, I could not finish it. Love their dessert also. Still my fav: Homemade Guacamole with Chips.