“The Meatballs, they melt in your mouth!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Lake Forest, CA
“The Meatballs, they melt in your mouth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2009

We tried Biagio's for the first time about 6 months ago. We had driven by it before many times and could never really figure out what kind of restaurant it was. From the parking lot all you see is big wooden double doors, some windows covered in lace drapes, and the big words "Biagio's Restaurant." Finally we took the leap and waltzed in for dinner one night...

First of all the decor inside has a very 70's feel to it. Don't think to that this is all a show made to look 70's, more accurately this place has been here since the 70's and they have never wanted to make any changes to the decor... which I think is pretty sweet!

Let's get to the food.... very good! I have ordered the Eggplant Parmesan, Spaghetti w/ Meatballs, and Manicotti.

The Eggplant was very good, and tasted very fresh and moist. I typically order this as least once at all Italian restaurants because each place does it in there own way. Biagio's is very good, and I'll probably get it again soon.

The Manicotti is also very good. Great flavors in the sauce and the pasta with cheese tastes fresh and gooey.

My favorite dish (and my new addiction!) is the Spaghetti w/ Meatballs. First of all the sauce has great flavor and makes it hard to stop and breathe while eating it. Secondly the Meatballs are the best I have ever had... they melt it your mouth! Seriously, I am not joking, the Meatballs... they melt in your mouth! Got it? Good.

** Also, the main waitress (I can't remember her name, but she is there constantly) is extremely nice and very personable (think of Frances McDormand in Fargo!) And the vibe is very nice that it's a family owned place, run by the family! The Grandma literally operates the cash register every day! **

Other than that I love this place for both the food, decor, and service!

P.S. One more thing must also be mentioned, they do a homemade "Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing" that is so good you could drink it. It has a slight spicy garlic taste to it as you eat it, but it's not spicy, just delicious!