“Average Candlewood Suites” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
United States
“Average Candlewood Suites”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was an average Candlewood Suites. The suite was clean enough, however, the service at this Candlewood Suites is lacking. The internet wasn't working for nearly 3 days and then when it was working, I could barely get a connection. After asking the front desk too many times, I just gave up and went to the nearby Starbucks. I think the best thing about this place was the fitness room. Seems like all the equipment was new. The laundry room is a nice convienence, but it was always crowded. You will need to do your laundry late at night. I think I was doing my laundry at 1am. I'm not sure about the mini market they have here. The shelves were bare everyday. Maybe they just sell out all the time? Someone needs to work on the hotel areas. The sitting area outside near the BBQ's were always a mess, cigarette butts and trash everywhere and the floors and carpet just were not clean. This hotel really should find a place for all the smokers. There is a lot of smokers everywhere, even at the entrance. I couldn't get away from them. It just would be nice to sit outside without smoke in your face.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor. Part of this floor I was told is smoking. I could smell smoke all...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Endlssummr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear CenCoastSurfer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you found our suites clean and apologize for the inconvenience the service may have caused you. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was a great find. Hotels can get very expensive in So Cal and this was a great value (paid $90 per night). Only downfall is that it is a little off the beat and path. However it is easy to get to the highway and the beach cities. The room was very clean and modern, very comfortable bed and quiet. Will for sure stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Groton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week. We were completely satisfied. We specifically booked this hotel because of the full kitchen. There are a several grocery stores nearby and we stocked up when we first arrived. We liked that the hotel is close to both I-5 and I-405 so getting around the area was easy. There are restaurants nearby - we enjoyed Mimi's Cafe and the Thai Garden.

The only problem we had was that the first room assigned to us was adjacent to smoking rooms, and there was a strong odor of smoke in the hall outside our room. We asked to be moved and the front desk put us on another floor which seemed to be all non-smoking, so that solved the problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mister_Em
Evergreen, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

It is clean and quiet. That is all that a business trip needs. I saw a lady bringing in her dog though I don't see dog hair in my room. It has a shaky elevator and the license has been expired. Lack of indicator and signs, it was hard for me to locate the elevator.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank smallhan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear smallhan,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel clean and quiet. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We are sorry that you had difficulty in finding the elevator. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is important to us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Lera P
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here, this time for some 9 days.
I chose it for the full kitchen and the lack of housekeeping.
The housekeeping is once a week which means that you can spread out and not clean before the cleaner.
I go to the supermarket and buy food and then can cook rather than be disappointed from the lack of real eateries!
The rooms are fine, the kitchen good except the vegetable cutting knife was one with a bendy handle and in fact broke in mid cut.
I did not have any noise problems even being on the ground floor.
I will come back next year

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 1Bustrav
Cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently stayed here on business. Just for one night, but that was enough to be honest. I was put into room 130, right beside the amenities, and the noise from that room throughout the night prevented a good nights sleep. If they offer this room to you, I strongly recommend you request another.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 130. You will not sleep.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Redwards81
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Redwards81,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I loved staying in this area as its quiet and decent, the rooms were clean and comfortable. however i woke up to a disturbance at 8-8:30am, housekeeping staff was being very inconsiderate, loud and obnoxious and acting VERY immature in the hallways. its like really??????? who acts like that? Managers need to train the housekeepers to teach them some manners and be considerate to guests who are trying to relax/sleep. I am probably not coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank nini0
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear nini0,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our housekeepers. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
Laguna Hills Lodge
Laguna Hills Lodge
#1 of 4 in Laguna Hills

Been to Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East? Share your experiences!