“Very nice and friendly”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
San Diego, California
“Very nice and friendly”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My experience at this hotel was great, the staff is very friendly and accommodating. This is a great place to stay and would definitely recommend it to other people. It's clean and the room are very cozy.

Room Tip: Renovated rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessica H
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County - Lake Forest. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodging sources in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2012

First Extended Stay we ever stayed in and in the future, we will seek out this chain. Excellent service, beyond excellent room and amenities. Staff went beyond our expectations when I discovered I left my medicine in the room after check-out. Highly recommend this hotel chain to everyone I know.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sallybongo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. We are glad that you have had such wonderful experiences at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Lake Forest. We sincerely appreciate all feedback, especially when you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you again and look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to our area.
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was pleased with the service I received at check in, but also the way the rooms at setup, for people like me that always travel with my wife and almost 3 years old child is very important to have a little kitchen and a refrigerator in the room, not to mention that the kitchen is equiped ready to be used if needed. Great idea

Room Tip: is so sample, last November I went to run a marathon in santa Barbara, I stayed in a motel with a nu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sauljp
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Westminster, CA
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We tried the Extended Stay Hotel in Lake Forest, CA Thanksgiving evening after dinner at our daughter's home. I didn't want to drive 100 miles home at night and face the traffic on a holiday evening. It was very convenient, the staff was great, and the room was excellent. I would stay there or at any of their other locations again anytime.

Very satisfied!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank newhips
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that your recent stay with us was satisfied. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2012

the hallways smelled of paint and th elevator broke down (we were on the second floor) just a hand written sign on the elevator...no apology or accommodations offered..
the staff was pleasant on the check in. the grab and go breakfast was nice to have...though it was not replenished right away (lots of people waiting around for their eneregy bars!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the elevator broke down and the hallways. were not to your liking duing your recent stay. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at laf@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
East Bay, Nothern CA
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I recently booked this place based on other reviews, location and knowing of renovations. Initial impression was fine. Area is pretty quiet, desk attendant was polite etc.

After 10 hours on the road, my son and I headed up the stairs to our room after a minor check-in wait... I immediately noticed strong odors in the stairwells which are apparently unventilated. Upon entering the room it was very smelly and hot. I put some items on the counter and they stuck to it. I checked and the counter was about 1/3 sticky. Everything else looked OK, so I took a wash towel and wiped it down. Looked for dish soap as these places have small kitchen areas, but there wasn't any. Since I had to go by the desk so I mentioned this situation and lack of soap and they told me they don't include kitchen soap. They also didn't offer to have someone clean it. They just apologized.

After returning to room, I found in the bathroom, which appeared reasonably clean, one bar of soap and enough toilet paper to blow your nose. Back to the desk, they did offer the TP, and said I should have gotten more soap and shampoo...fine.

OK, after we grabbed dinner it was late, so we got in bed. After a few minutes I feel itchy. At first I think bed bugs...pull back the sheets and see black spots, lint and hair...thank goodness it appears to just be dirt, lint, sand, but they are clearly soiled and not new. We looked at the other bed my son was in and it too was soiled and had debris in is. The sheets looked wrinkled and slept in. The desk offered fresh sheets and an apology, but didn't offer to have them changed.

Following morning I asked to talk to the manager. These places seem to just be short staffed with minimal attendants. I was told the manager came in at 10:30, when I would be gone. He would call me, so I left my number. He never called. As I got coffee and sat in the tiny lobby area for about 25 minutes, all I heard was the load conversations in spanish of the housekeeper and another hotel employee hanging out in the hall. These two apparently had no work to do and the housekeeper was coughing and hacking really loudly every 30 seconds...sounded really sick. They had no concern at all any guests were being annoyed and just appeared to be taking one long break.

Two days later, I got an automated email to review my stay from Extended Stay. They hoped I "was delighted" with my recent stay...I specified all the problems in detail and that I wouldn't be at all likely to stay or recommend this place (or any ES for that matter). This has been over a week now and I haven't heard anything back from anyone. I definitely would steer clear, at least from this location.

Room Tip: Are you kidding?
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lorenzo57
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

As well, I apologize for the lack of amenities which were offered to you. We do provide basic items, but not items like shampoo or soap. If needed, we do keep a limited supply of sundries at the Front Desk which will be given to you complimentary upon request. I have worked with the staff to improve our communication of this, ensuring that this type of situation does not happen again.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, especially for not reaching out to you when it was requested. I assure you that we do listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed there this weekend anch checked out early. The beds are uncomfortable,there was no hot water. The room itself was outdated and there was a lot of noise from the nursery sprinklers behind the hotel. A very poorly managed hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Cookies1970
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our property. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to controlling noises throughout the day and night, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals.

Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.