“excellent service”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Moreno Valley, California
“excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was pleased with the service I received at check in, but also the way the rooms at setup, for people like me that always travel with my wife and almost 3 years old child is very important to have a little kitchen and a refrigerator in the room, not to mention that the kitchen is equiped ready to be used if needed. Great idea

Room Tip: is so sample, last November I went to run a marathon in santa Barbara, I stayed in a motel with a nu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sauljp
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Westminster, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We tried the Extended Stay Hotel in Lake Forest, CA Thanksgiving evening after dinner at our daughter's home. I didn't want to drive 100 miles home at night and face the traffic on a holiday evening. It was very convenient, the staff was great, and the room was excellent. I would stay there or at any of their other locations again anytime.

Very satisfied!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank newhips
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that your recent stay with us was satisfied. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

the hallways smelled of paint and th elevator broke down (we were on the second floor) just a hand written sign on the elevator...no apology or accommodations offered..
the staff was pleasant on the check in. the grab and go breakfast was nice to have...though it was not replenished right away (lots of people waiting around for their eneregy bars!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the elevator broke down and the hallways. were not to your liking duing your recent stay. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at laf@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
East Bay, Nothern CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I recently booked this place based on other reviews, location and knowing of renovations. Initial impression was fine. Area is pretty quiet, desk attendant was polite etc.

After 10 hours on the road, my son and I headed up the stairs to our room after a minor check-in wait... I immediately noticed strong odors in the stairwells which are apparently unventilated. Upon entering the room it was very smelly and hot. I put some items on the counter and they stuck to it. I checked and the counter was about 1/3 sticky. Everything else looked OK, so I took a wash towel and wiped it down. Looked for dish soap as these places have small kitchen areas, but there wasn't any. Since I had to go by the desk so I mentioned this situation and lack of soap and they told me they don't include kitchen soap. They also didn't offer to have someone clean it. They just apologized.

After returning to room, I found in the bathroom, which appeared reasonably clean, one bar of soap and enough toilet paper to blow your nose. Back to the desk, they did offer the TP, and said I should have gotten more soap and shampoo...fine.

OK, after we grabbed dinner it was late, so we got in bed. After a few minutes I feel itchy. At first I think bed bugs...pull back the sheets and see black spots, lint and hair...thank goodness it appears to just be dirt, lint, sand, but they are clearly soiled and not new. We looked at the other bed my son was in and it too was soiled and had debris in is. The sheets looked wrinkled and slept in. The desk offered fresh sheets and an apology, but didn't offer to have them changed.

Following morning I asked to talk to the manager. These places seem to just be short staffed with minimal attendants. I was told the manager came in at 10:30, when I would be gone. He would call me, so I left my number. He never called. As I got coffee and sat in the tiny lobby area for about 25 minutes, all I heard was the load conversations in spanish of the housekeeper and another hotel employee hanging out in the hall. These two apparently had no work to do and the housekeeper was coughing and hacking really loudly every 30 seconds...sounded really sick. They had no concern at all any guests were being annoyed and just appeared to be taking one long break.

Two days later, I got an automated email to review my stay from Extended Stay. They hoped I "was delighted" with my recent stay...I specified all the problems in detail and that I wouldn't be at all likely to stay or recommend this place (or any ES for that matter). This has been over a week now and I haven't heard anything back from anyone. I definitely would steer clear, at least from this location.

Room Tip: Are you kidding?
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lorenzo57
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

As well, I apologize for the lack of amenities which were offered to you. We do provide basic items, but not items like shampoo or soap. If needed, we do keep a limited supply of sundries at the Front Desk which will be given to you complimentary upon request. I have worked with the staff to improve our communication of this, ensuring that this type of situation does not happen again.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, especially for not reaching out to you when it was requested. I assure you that we do listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed there this weekend anch checked out early. The beds are uncomfortable,there was no hot water. The room itself was outdated and there was a lot of noise from the nursery sprinklers behind the hotel. A very poorly managed hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Cookies1970
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our property. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to controlling noises throughout the day and night, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

20% of my time is spent on the road, usually for business for over the last 25 years and I have extensively traveled domestically and abroad, typically in 3rd world countries. I have very low expectations, accordingly. This property was absolutely the dirtiest, unkept, facility - anywhere. I felt compelled to sleep with one eye open, not being comfortable in the room I had and was sure I'd leave with bedbug bites. The floor clearly had not been vacuumed before I got there and the bed was crumpled enough that I had to wonder if they had any maid service at all - even between guests. The a/c unit creaked like a frog when on. An early tip off of the experience I was going to have should have been the mound of trash around the refuse bin at the lobby entrance from the parking lot. Looking ahead, I'll stick with my usual host hotel, even if I have to pay a few bucks more or drive a bit further to my appointments.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank chainleank
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, August 7, 2012

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

The rooms are nice and smell of the room was great! From the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out, all of the staff were always smiling and willing to help! Kudos to every single employee from housekeepers to management!

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms in 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Don N
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Orange County - Lake Forest. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Forest
Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East
Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest
Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest
Hampton Inn Irvine East - Lake Forest

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest? Share your experiences!