“Been there done that”

Slater's 50/50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Slater’s 50/50® was founded in 2009 in Anaheim Hills, California by Scott Slater, a San Diego State graduate with a passion for gourmet comfort food and craft beer. Teaming up with Executive Chef Brad Lyons, they created the world’s first 50/50 burger – 50 percent ground bacon and 50 percent ground beef – taking the Southern California restaurant scene by storm. In 2011, the second Slater’s 50/50 opened in Huntington Beach followed quickly by the San Diego location. Since opening, Slater’s 50/50 has won a number of awards and accolades including “Best Burger” by The Orange County Register, OC Weekly and FOX 5 San Diego as well as Best New Restaurant by San Diego Magazine. Slater’s 50/50 has also been featured on national television shows including the Travel Channel’s Bacon Paradise and Discovery Channel’s United States of Bacon.
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

When it was opened I thought it was a place just made for me (love good hamburgers) , and
Co-workers were telling me about it, i gave it a try, and yes I have to say it was ok, but not the best a want to go back, if I got a choice for a hamburger I will go across the freeway to " In & Out" or bru( down the street .

Heather P, Marketing at Slater's 50/50, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hi Ann,

Thank you for leaving a review and feedback. We definitely will share this with our management team and staff to take into consideration moving forward so we can ensure all of our guests have a great experience, no matter which location they are visiting. I do hope that you will come back again soon to give us another shot.

There are newer reviews for Slater's 50/50

Reviewed November 2, 2013

rare means rare. I love rare but this burger was not even cooked.I ate the outside and the bun thought because the flavor was amazing. Out of the 4 people I was with we all loved it but beware rare is rare.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went there for dinner during a weekday night. The location is in a strip mall hidden from the main streets. A little bit hard to find. It still had a decent amount of people eating there. We went at 6pm and was able to get a seat right away.

We had the pick 3 sampler with onion rings, sweet potato fries, and fried mac & cheese balls. The onion rings were over done and very greasy. Tasted gross. The sweet potato fries were a little bit over done as well. However the chees balls - OMG they were fantastic! A must try. We also order the original 50/50 and the Hawaiian 50/50. It came out all to salty for my taste.

We actually went there for a birthday and they give you a free dessert to celebrate. We got the Coconut something and it took awhile but well worth the wait.

I like the Anaheim location better, to me it taste better.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Burgers are so good and huge in size. The coolest thing is you can build up a burger your own way. It's also a good place to watch sport programs while enjoying your meal.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I don't get the fuss. Just ate there tonight and will never go back. The food was awful - no flavor bu salt. Cold fries, bland mac n cheese balls and burgers was tough.

Heather P, Guest Relations Manager at Slater's 50/50, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hi TourQueen,

I am deeply sorry to hear that you had a bad experience and that your food was too salty and had no flavor. We never want our menu items to be unenjoyable for our guests, especially as this was your first visit to Slater's. I do want you to know that we have shared this feedback with our kitchen team so that they can take extra care when preparing our menu items so that they don't come out bland or cold. I realize that you might not have a desire to return, but if you decide to, please reach out to me and let me know so that we can host you. My contact email is heatherp@slaters5050.com.