“Great food ... period.”

Delicias Peruanas
Ranked #30 of 280 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I've now been to Delicias Peruanas twice for lunch ... and it's so wonderful! I'd never had Peruvian food before, but I'm always up for something new - plus, this place had great reviews on another online site - so I gave it a try. So, evidently I love Peruvian food ... or at least this place. Both times I ordered the Tallarin Saltado de Mariscos - mixed shellfish over spaghetti. HUGE portion and extremely delicious. The seafood (shrimp, calamari, mussels and scallops) were perfectly cooked - the spaghetti also nicely cooked (not mushy) and the sauce was flavorful but not overpowering. An amazing lunch (or dinner) and moderately priced (I think it was $14). Meal comes with rolls and aji sauce (a green, spicy dip - wonderful!). The place is in a strip mall and modestly decorated. The "waiter" is the owner/cook's son ... the family is Japanese but from Peru, so don't let that throw you. This is a gem of a place for lunch or dinner - unique, fresh, delicious, plentiful. I understand the Pollo Oregano is fantastic ... I'll have to try it next time! Be sure to visit this place when you're in the Lake Forest area (it's close to the 5 freeway, and not far from Irvine) - you won't be disappointed!!!

1  Thank OCchick13