“Good Selection” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Asia Buffet

Asia Buffet
Ranked #129 of 269 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Mission Viejo, California
“Good Selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

The food is all good. There are many to choose from and they are hot and well served. In general it all is better than most. Many items are not found at other places.

Visited February 2014

Huntsville, Texas
“I would return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

If you read my other reviews, you'll find that I travel a lot and am always in search of a good Chinese buffet. The good for Asia Buffet: tasty ribs, pot stickers, General Tso's Chicken and lo mein. A decent number of other tasty items, including a good assortment of fresh fruit. It's basically cleaner-looking and more modern than a lot of Chinese buffets I've tried, and (so far) no gastrointestinal distress. Why just an 'average' rating? Well, for the price, it was not quite good enough. Why bother to put out crab legs if you're only going to have enough for one person to get them, then everyone else has to hope they're the 'one person' the next time the really small amount gets put out? And they weren't very friendly. Some surly guy led me to a table, and then I was never spoken to (or offered a refill) again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Great Choice of Asian Favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

The number of choices at Asian Buffet are amazing. This is a place where I don't know when to stop going back. It is hard to pick a favorite item because everything is good. Big choice of salads, asian dishes, and deserts. They even have sushi. I have been there several times and will return again when I am very hungry.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laguna Hills, California
“Something for everyone in the family! Lots of seafood choices. Food was fresh at the buffet.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went to Asia Buffet last Saturday for lunch. The selection was great & fresh; something for everyone in the family. There were quite a bit of seafood selection, fish, shrimp, shellfish, and crab legs. All the dishes had a distinct taste, not like others where it seems the different dishes all taste the same. They also had a good selection of sushi in a section all it's own with a sushi chef making them right there.
I liked that you can still eat healthily if you chose to. The sole fish for instance, was steamed or baked with just the right amount of seasoning. Paired with other vegetables, like the green beans or salad, you could actually have a healthy meal. So it was nice to eat out with my family and not blow my diet! A big plus for me. So we will be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Camellia S
Escondido, California
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have eaten here about ten times over the past year and a half. When I started eating at Asia Buffet in Lake Forest during the summer of 2011, the food was great tasting. Then about six months ago, the food started to taste awful. I decided never to go to this buffet again. Last night, I was "forced" to eat here again because of a family gathering. In all honesty, the food did taste better than it did several months ago. Perhaps this establishment has a new cook. What is interesting is that our group experienced poor service up until about half an hour before we left the restaurant. During our dining experience for our party of eight, we sometimes had empty plates of food piled three dishes high. I finally placed the used dishes on the unoccupied table next to us. I did this three times throughout our meal. Our server also never asked us if we needed our empty glasses refilled unless we went out of our way to flag him down. Only after I loudly told my family that I would finely be rating Asia Buffet on Tripadvisor when I got home, did the waiter began to take an interest in us. We had arrived around 8:00 p.m., so this place was not that busy when we started to eat. Only five other tables were being used by other customers. I will conclude this review by noting that all the staff we encountered at Asia Buffet were courteous. It appears that the quality of the food has improved somewhat over the last several months. Now it is time to improve the customer service.

• Visited January 2013