Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest
$114
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
$109
$102
BestWestern.com
$90
QualityInn
Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
$141
$131
$129
$119
$93
GardenInn.com
Prominence Hotel & Suites(Lake Forest)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotwire.com
Courtyard
All reviewstoll roadfoothill ranchurban grillstarbucks coffeenice hotelmarriott rewardsthai restaurantfront deskbusiness parkorange countysame complexwine barshampoo and conditionerminute drivegreat poolround table pizzalate checkout
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed her to be close to our family over the Easter weekend. The best part was the fact that our Easter Service was just down the way. This location was extremely convenient for us being that our family lives in Ladera Ranch and attends Saddleback Church. Our room was comfortable! So happy there was a fridge for our leftovers from dinner (we took advantage of Wahoos located in the parking lot)!! The weather was great and we got to relax at the pool! The staff was super friendly, printed us directions to restaurants in the area, we enjoyed the lobby, there are these cool booths with tvs you can relax at and eat and watch tv or there is a big screen tv in the lobby that is neat to sit at while the husband surfs the internet on the computers in the lobby! I would highly recommend staying here and will use this location again when I am back to visit family again!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here for a quick overnight while visiting family in Mission Viejo. That being said, we didn't use any of the facilities. We had a little trouble finding it as we had mistakenly thought we booked a different location. Upon calling to confirm how to get there, the woman was very helpful. We thought is was nice, staff was efficient and would definitely stay again. We favor Marriott hotels as we are rewards members.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MAM96
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East Hotel, I can safely say this is easily the worst Marriott hotel I have ever stayed, I am a Platinum Marriot rewards member I have stayed in many Marriot hotels. This hotel consistently gets it wrong from one drives up to front door of the hotel. The following has happened to me frequently.
• Zero bellman or parking attendant to receive luggage and auto.
• Zero compliance with Marriott rewards, program.
Run down, and tired bed room furniture
Run down and tired lobby furniture
Even with reservation in advance it appears that they have no idea of the arrival of a Platinum member.
Zero upgrades, even when there are upgradable rooms available and the hotel is not full.

You have to almost beg the front-desk staff in order to be recognized as a MARRIOT REWARDS platinum member.
The front desk staff in the is lethargic and not motivated to help Platinum customer.
• Extremely poor management response, after about two hours of calling, finally a manager spoke to me, and I had to go to the front desk to meet her.
My overall assessment is that this a hotel lack a motivated team from management to the hotel worker. It is very clear to me the staff is not happy there and something needs to be adjusted.
Perhaps this hotel should go to another Marriot for refresher training.Unfortunately, this hotel is close to my business and because I loyal Marriott rewards member, I stay there, but I am never happy when I am staying at the Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East hotel

Room Tip: Rooms are ugly and run down
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
650DerekB, General Manager at Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our services and hotel amenities. We take great pride in providing all of our guests with an excellent stay and I'm very disappointed to see that we let you down. The hotel is a select service hotel which does not offer valet or bell service however if you are ever in need of assistance with your luggage we are always happy to help you get to your room. I am always available to discuss any challenges during your stay so please contact me directly next time you are with us and I will personally make sure you are well taken care of. The staff here is wonderful and we really enjoy working together and I will make sure to share this review with them so that we can work together to insure that all of our guests know that we are happy to host them and want all of our guests to know we care. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you give us another chance to shine for you in the future..
Derek

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. It is a standard Marriott property with the usual amenities. However, it has gone downhill. The room cleanliness was dissappointing and the rooms were starting to show their age. AC units are noisy. Road noise is definitely more noticeable than previous visits. Pillows are very uncomfortable. I even found myself stuck in the one and only elevator.

Room Tip: Try to find a room on a lower floor and avoid Portola and the tollway if possible. This will minimize road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stay at the Courtyard in FHR for business and it is a nice clean hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. I have stayed here 6 times this year and had only a minor issue which the staff took care of right away. My biggest complaint is the internet is on the slow side, which drops my work connection on occasion. There is a restaurant which offers some decent choices for Breakfast and dinner. Overall the hotel is a good choice in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business