“Sweet and simple”

Rocq Cafe
Ranked #97 of 284 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: French
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Food is fresh! This is a lovely little spot for breakfast or lunch. We tried crepes and paninis. Everyone agreed it tasted just like the little cafes in France. Macarons are really tasty. Loved the lavender and blood orange. Will try others next time. Rocq is in the most unlikely little strip mall. What a special find! Going to return and try everything on the chalkboard menu! Service friendly and French music delightful.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The cafe itself was adorable with all it's decor and its lovely pastry cabinet! I had the French crepes............so good! We did try macaroons good also, favorites rose and salted caramel. Will be back when in the area.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fabulous , fabulous , fabulous. In Orange County chain restaurants seem to be the main stay. So wonderful to find a one of a kind owner run restaurant with food that melts in your mouth. Desserts are to die for . Will definitely be back often. Try it you'll more than like it.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went in to redeem a Groupon with my husband for a dozen macarons. As soon as she heard we had a Groupon, the young woman adopted a snippy attitude like she was tired of Groupon patrons, and told us it was only good for 4 limited flavors. I thought she was trying to impose a made-up restriction that did not appear in the Groupon, since I've had that problem with some vendors in the past; I couldn't believe that with a dozen or more flavors, we were stuck with only the likes of chocolate and vanilla (flavors we don't even like). It turns out that it was my mistake and the ridiculous restriction was in the fine print (despite a misleading Groupon photo showing multiple different flavors). Nevertheless, the girl was so unnecessarily rude to us that I would never go back to this place for a meal or any other purchase.

It was within their discretion to not honor anything beyond the deal they made with Groupon, but we went in late on a Sunday and they still had tons of macarons left in plenty of flavors. She claimed there was "nothing she could do," but that was clearly untrue. Would it have really killed them to let us sample a couple more flavors (all the same size and price) to make new customers happy? We would have been willing to even pay an upcharge for that, but she was just 100 percent disinterested in making us happy. We left empty-handed and very dissatisfied.

1  Thank LP_in_OC
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I read about this little cafe a month or two ago. I was shopping with my mom and suggested trying it out. We shared the ham and Brie Panini and the Mediterranean quiche, DELICIOUS! Can't wait to go back and try everything else on the menu!
We bought 10 different macaroons most were good, the rose stood out for me and mom liked the pineapple. We both loved the lemon thyme.
This place is a must try!