“Great Food - International Flair”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rocq Cafe

Rocq Cafe
Ranked #109 of 272 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: French
So Cal
“Great Food - International Flair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for Sunday Brunch and what a nice treat we had. The place is very tiny but has been decorated in a simple elegant country style. You get the feeling you are in a French or Tuscany bistro. The food is wonderful, I had the Vegetarian Quiche which was so tasty and my husband had the Eggs Benedict. Both were served with fresh seasonal produce, prepared to let the flavors speak and not heavy sauces. I loved the coffee and it brought me right back to a cafe in Paris. The owner on-site is always a blessing and his love for food shows in the preparation and presentation.

The place is very clean and the service is good...this is a neighborhood gem. We did not try the macarons for which they are famous, but we'll be going back for sure.

• Visited September 2012

Lake Forest, California
“excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Love the food and the deserts!!! the service is great and the owners are very friendly people. I cannot stop getting macaroons.

Visited August 2012
Orange County, CA
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is a really nice cafe with great food. There are sandwiches, but I came to pick up quiche and salad to take back to the office for a colleague's birthday lunch. There were two types of quiche the day I visited: Lorraine and Vegetarian. I got both types since they are individual size quiche pies. The vegetarian was hands down the favorite of the 5 of us who had lunch that day.

Each quiche comes with two side salads. We tried four side salads. My favorite was the carrots and garlic salad. The orzo salad was a close second.

This is a small cafe that got busy right after I arrived, which was just before lunch. However, the friendly service is attentive.

The restaurant posts that cooking classes are held on Wednesday nights. That's something that I'd like to try sometime.