“Saved from the heat!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Lake Forest, California
“Saved from the heat!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Due to a neighborhood power outage, I called the Prominence and got the last room! Even asked if I had AAA to get a discount. Very pleasant staff and clean room. Maybe needed a little fresh paint, otherwise great last minute stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
gm_prominence, Front Office Manager at Prominence Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review!

We know you had many choices to decide from when you needed to escape the house, and appreciate that you picked us!
We are honored when locals regularly decide to stay with us, and recommend us to family members. We are here to serve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The young woman who assisted me with special requests when I made the reservation was cheerful, friendly, and helpful. The young man who checked us in was also cheerful, friendly, and helpful. The room was clean, and nicely laid out. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Whitney, TX
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This hotel was selected for me while on a business trip to Lake Forest. I sincerely hope it is not Lake Forest's finest. The decor and amenities tag it as an older hotel; however, they do have free wifi. The lighting left something to be desired as the room was still dark with every light turned on. I guess the place was clea, it was really too dimly lit to tell.

The "suite" was equipped with a sitting area and a mini-kitchen (fridge, electric stove, microwave, and sink). If you really wanted to cook something (I didn't) you have to go to the front desk for the necessary utensils, Thankfully no one near my room was cooking although I would not have blamed them as there are no good restaurants nearby -- just Starbucks.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have a view of an embankment. Ask for one facing the street on the front.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank JoeKent
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were here for a swim meet with our 2 children ages 5 & 10. Upon arrival, there was a mistake with our room however the stay was still convenient. Nice size mini fridge, microwave and small stove top. The place was relatively clean and in the same parking lot as a Starbucks! For those who have coffee needs. Breakfast was really good however for our needs, my son and husband were unable to enjoy their breakfast because they had to leave by 6:40 to be to the pool on time for warm ups. The breakfast starts at 6:30 weekdays and 7 weekends so for us, and our needs, it was a bit difficult for all to enjoy. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Buena Park
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My family stayed here because it was the best rate we could find and we needed to be close to the Verizon Amphitheater. I'm not sure what we were expecting but we have been pleasantly surprised. We got in late and our reservation was held just fine. We were upgraded rooms and it was nice to get away from the kids when we went to bed as our king bed was in a separate room. Breakfast was great, wifi and parking were both free as well. Just one minor thing, I would redo the wallpaper, seemed to be coming off in a couple places. Overall great stay!

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel is a good value for what you get. I stayed about a month ago and while I had an issue with a broken pullout couch, they promptly supplied me with a deluxe cot (free) and tried their best to make me happy. It is not overly frilly but you get what you need and a bit more (i.e. kitchenette, deluxe breakfast). The price is very reasonable for the area. The most exeptional part of this hotel is the hot made to order breakfast. I don't think I ever waited more than 5 minutes to get a custom order and it was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gm_prominence, Front Office Manager at Prominence Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Clinton F,

Thank you so much for your kind review! Our staff is really proud of how our hard works comes together to make every stay as pleasant and seamless as possible.
Thanks for calling our Roll-away beds deluxe. They are quite nice and we just bought half a dozen of them for when situations like yours arise (Normally a small nominal fee applies).
Thanks for complementing our breakfast too! Glad to hear it didn't take you long to get your order. Made to order breakfast is another aspect of our little hotel that makes us different and better than our competitors!

Thanks again for staying with us and leaving us such a wonderful review. We really appreciate your business!
Mumbai
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Extremely helpful staff.
Great breakfast.
Very comfortable bed.
Nice connectivity to the internet.
Great Shuttle service.
Perfect for overnight stay or and extended stay of months.
Have decent kitchen in the room for cooking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mr. Jalpesh,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your international trip. We try very hard to give our hotel and guests an "at home" feeling and we very much hope you felt at home during your stay.
You are very kind to reference those aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, such as a our great breakfast, our wifi, and the helpfulness of our staff.
We are grateful for your business and we hope we get the chance to host you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Forest
Candlewood Suites Orange County/ Irvine East
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
Hampton Inn Irvine East - Lake Forest
Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest

Been to Prominence Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!