“A Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Salton Sea
“A Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

It has been quite some time since we last stayed here, but I thought it would be worth it to give a more current review. We had room 206 on the end of the 2nd floor. It was quiet, very clean, just a really nice room. We had a chair and couch seating area, a large refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV......and something new......we had our own PC in the room. Our friends stayed here as well and their room was the same. Breakfast, which was included was one of the better ones...... they have a cook station where they will cook you an omelet or pancakes, and there were all the other assortments of cereals, breads, waffles etc. So if breakfast is an important feature to you......this is the place to stay. Would we stay here again.............ABSOLUTELY.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 21, 2014

After driving 17 hours, we were looking forward to the nice comfortable bed that is shown in the pictures. We could feel the springs through the additional mattress pad they had on top. The comforter was nothing but a sheet of fabric with no filling. I had to use the extra blanket in the closet just to keep warm. The location is completely off the beaten path and is a maze just to get to it. The staff were not personable at all. The free breakfast was not even a breakfast. They barely had any selections. The décor is completely outdated and kind of strange. It is not bad for a 1 night business stay, however, I would have rather paid the extra $30 a night for a hotel closer to the water. I left more stressed than I when I showed up. Very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Anonymous810
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming upon arrival which I appreciated because in other hotels I have stayed at the staff don't even look at you when they talk to you and hardly crack a smile. The room was clean and fresh and offered free Wi-Fi, free parking and free breakfast which is great value for money. The only thing I could say in a negative comment is that the A/C was a bit noisy in the room and I could also hear the A/C from the neighbouring room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thane, India
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for atleast 30 days a year since 2006-7 when it was a part of the Comfort Suites chain.

A very comfortable and homely hotel . Right from the reception desk to the brilliant guy & the beautiful lady in the breakfast kitchen in the mornings to the smiling housekeeping staff.

They make you feel right at home , which is what anyone missing home needs.

Will recommend this hotel anytime

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm usually in the area during the holidays for work as someone has to be working while everyone else is off. I've stayed in a lot of the neighboring hotels and decided to give the Prominence a try. I'm glad I did because I could not be more happy with my stay. The prices were very comparable to everyone else in the area, and the breakfast was amazing! Hands down the best breakfast anywhere else. Cathy and the manager, Thong (great sense of humor!), had a great rapport and it was a pleasure to run into them anywhere in the building. The housekeeping was very thorough, the rooms were immaculately clean and the in-room touch screen computer was a nice additional touch. My only gripe would be the doors, as the keylocks were very sensitive. They are the only independent hotel in the area from what I have seen, and I think that is a good thing as it feels more cozy and home-y than any of the other hotels. Would definitely recommend staying at the Prominence!

Room Tip: Corner room was very quiet!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
New York, NY
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Prominence while in the area on business. I had stayed six months prior and enjoyed my stay so decided to go back. I couldn't believe that several staff members (breakfast staff, van shuttle, front desk) remembered my name and facts I had told them about myself six months earlier. It made me feel right at home and also showed me how much they care about making their guests happy. The hotel is in a great location and the rooms are clean and spacious. You can't beat the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Irvine, California
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We don't like to spend a huge amount of money to get away from "the kids", the phone, the dogs, etc. We like out one or two night local getaways and this was perfect. Not too much money and the room had everything. DVD player, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a computer, not just Wi-Fi. Very clean. I heard about the cook to order breakfast and I smelled it, unfortunately I was unable to enjoy but next time I will fit that it. Didn't interact with the staff all that much but when we did, they were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: I don't know if this is a tip but we try to get top floor because we always seem to get the peop...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Laguna Hills
Staybridge Suites Irvine Spectrum/Lake Forest
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East/Lake Forest

Been to Prominence Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!