“Just wanted a room for the night.”

Prominence Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
“Just wanted a room for the night.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I were moving and just wanted a quick room for the night as we were exhausted. Instead we found a room that I could have moved into. It was comfortable, clean and very well decorated. Everything you would need for an extended stay was there except a stove. The price was very reasonable and came with a full breakfast which made the price even better. I would stay there anytime again and highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: garmin listed it as comfort inn
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
gm_prominence, General Manager at Prominence Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hi Barbara,

Thank you for such great review. We are glad that you have chosen the Prominence Hotel and Suites during your transition to a new place and that you have enjoy our cook to order breakfast.

We hope that you are enjoying your new home and thank you for recommending us to all readers.

If your travels brings you back in this area, feel free to contact us.

Stan Yombo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I know this sounds weird but the sheets smelled so clean when I got into bed. And everything else in the room was very clean too. This is a good choice of hotel in the Irvine area. People at the Front Desk were especially nice and helpful and I'm from Texas so I know nice. Highly recommend this hotel. Will stay there again during my upcoming relo to South OC. Thanks y'all!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
gm_prominence, General Manager at Prominence Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your great review and Thank you for choosing the Prominence Hotel and Suites as your home away from Texas.

At the prominence Hotel and Suites we use Essential Oil(Natural Scent) in our rooms and our sheets are cleaned with no harsh chemicals.

Again, Thank you for staying with us and if you visit the great area of Lake Forest, do not hesitate to contact me or my front desk. We will make sure we make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé & I didn't have much of a Valentine's Day so I surprised him with an executive suite room for 2 days. We've stayed here on a few occasions & each time it was perfect. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean, the bathroom is decent size with earth tone hues. The beds are very comfy, probably the best I've slept on & their morning continental breakfasts feature hot items such as eggs, bacon, & sausage along with pastries. The hotel also has a pool, hot jacuzzi, wifi & flat screen tv's. In addition, the place is close to shopping & restaurants. It's truly a great value.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest ,

It is an honor to hear that you have chosen the Prominence Hotel and Suites for a getaway during your Valentine's day weekend. Guest such as you make us proud to do what we do best serving our guests.

We thank you for your review and we hope that you will visit us again in a near future.

Thank you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Kids had a sporting tournament in the area and this was the team hotel. We generally stay at the Marriott Irvine but decided to try this due to better location. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful when I called to make reservation. Staff was also very friendly during our check-in and entire stay. Location was excellent and bonus of a Starbucks right next door!
Stayed in "exec suite" with kitchenette, sitting room, and king bedroom. Was fine for our needs. I must agree with post about sofa bed. Sofa bed mattress completely worn out and should be replaced. Kids were quiet uncomfortable.
Generally all the decor at the hotel is quiet worn out and in need of a total rehab. Carpets were dirty, sofa fabric very soiled, and general feeling of the hotel was dated and older. Not sure how they got a AAA 3 diamond rating, it is in my opinion a solid 2 diamond.
Morning breakfast was good and plentiful. Waffles and eggs one morning, pancakes and eggs the next. There was bacon and potatoes also, along with the usual cereal and fruits. Breakfast sandwiches were good on morning we were running late.
One thing that really bothered me was a tacky sign in the bathroom and bedroom listing prices you would be charged for missing towels, sheets, hair dryer, coffee maker etc. I understand hotels have issues with stealing but this was quite rude and made me wonder what types of guests they generally have staying there.
Wifi was difficult to link to and service spotty. You needed to relink every time you went back on or returned to the hotel. Called front desk for assistance but was told to call outside company for help. Was easier to walk over to Starbucks.
Would we stay here again? Most likely if needed again for kids tournament, but not for a holiday.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Norgetroll
Lakeland, Minnesota
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed for two weeks while receiving out patient cancer treatment. I can not say enough about how accommodating the staff was. From shuttling me to the Clinic, pharmacy and the grocery store. They also went out of their way to help me rent a car very last minute. The staff was friendly and very compassionate about my condition. The room was clean, comfortable and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel provided a wonderful stay for my time in the area. It was reasonably priced, clean, and near to the medical clinic where I needed to go. Not only was it close, but It offered free transportation to the clinic. The staff was very accommodating and tried to grant every request including a printout of directions to the nearest beach via local bus. The daily breakfast had variety, was tasty, and included hot items. In addition to breakfast, there were special treats, such as freshly baked cookies offered in the evening....free!
It was a pleasure to stay there. I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Buckeye, Arizona
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is rated as a two star, but is better than most/many 4 star hotels. They are VERY accomodating. The hotel is exceptionally CLEAN and comfortable. The "cooked to order" breakfast is as advertised. There is an entire floor that has "PET FREE" rooms, as well as those on other floors that offer lodging to include pets.

Room Tip: Top (third floor) is quiet. Also free internet with the most updated computers is in every suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Hills Lodge
Laguna Hills Lodge
#1 of 4 in Laguna Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest

Been to Prominence Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!