“Fantastic!!”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Very good hotel, wel taken care off.
Friendly staff, good breakfast and lovely rooms. Not a bad thing to say about.
Would definetely recommend!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our Hotel. We really do appreciate it and are very happy that you were so pleased with your stay.Please visit us again if you are in the area. We have worked very hard to ensure guest satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
NY
Reviewed January 1, 2010

If you just need a place to stay and don't require anything fancy, this is the place for you. There's a small pool, but I didn't swim in it. The water looked kind of cloudy. But I wasn't there to swim anyway. The hotel has a weird setup in that some of the hallways are open-air, so you're outside in some of the hallways to your room. That can make it kind of loud at times in your room (if it's near the hall, which mine was) because you can hear people talking and rolling their suitcases down the hall. The room has a sliding glass door that leads out to a very small balcony that seemed kind of pointless to use because you couldn't see anything except other rooms (at least where I was). The breakfast included with your stay was a plus, though it's just prepackaged danishes, toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, sausages and mushy hash browns. And coffee, tea, juice and milk. Better than nothing. There's free wi-fi, but my connection worked only sporadically. There's a computer and printer in the lobby that you can use, though. The night light in the bathroom was a nice touch. I saw in some of the other reviews people complaining about the smell of Chinese food from the on-site restaurant. You can smell it near the restaurant, but it's not that bad. Perhaps that's because my room wasn't near the restaurant--the smell didn't carry over that far. I would stay here again if I needed an inexpensive place to stay. It's located between a gas station and a McDonald's if that matters to you.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
from wash.,dc
Reviewed October 10, 2008

This stay has to be the worst. The TV did not work when I arrived switched rooms, could not get a hold of front desk many times, no answer, refridgerator did not work, lost food, staff did not seem to care or offer to help how to show how things worked. Maid put my blankets on the floor, and then on the bed. Staff hardly speaks English. Not shown how phone works. 800 line did not work. Bird poop near the pool, on railings, on balcony on floor surrounding pool. Argumentive manager did not try to do better but argue he was right. Staff at front desk not there a lot of times. I saw them on the computers a lot. Ran out of eggs 7:20 in the morning at breakfast. No cable, no premium channels can do better for the money. Hot tub broken. Was told by front desk the laundry worked it did not. Staff at front desk lied to me and said they did not know the managers name, but they gave the name to my father when be called. Unfriendly staff, musky smell in hall ways.

Do yourself a favor and check out La Quinta or other, for they care about their customers...and will do whatever it takes to keep them...
..fix problems....Best West LakeForest does NOT CARE!!!

• Liked — The only thing was the bed was comfortable nothing else
  • Disliked — Everrthing, but manager Darren was argumentative, staff was not helpful...
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
I am sorry to hear about your experience, I would like to point out that this review is from 2008
and when the property was Best Western. it is now 2010 years later and is operating as Quality Inn & Suites and has Choice Brand Standards to adhere to. As well as some updates, some remodeling, and some new staff. We have many loyal guests and are dedicated to guest satisfaction. We hope you will come and see for yourself.
Antioch, CA
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I am usually tolerant of economy motels, but I would not go back here. To be fair, the property looked nice, and it was clean. The water pressure was good, and the iron and fridge were in working order. The bagels were fresh. And I paid only $109 for a room with 2 queen beds. But...

First of all, it was very humid inside. The weather outside was not, so it was clearly an issue at the motel. The room was strangely shaped, so the air conditioner was actually pointed at an angle towards a wall, rather than into the room, so it didn't help much. In addition, the exhaust fan in the bathroom was not very effective, and it just made the humidity worse.

The bed was uncomfortable, and the pillows were lumpy and flat. The towels were thin.

In this age of cable and satellite TV, there were very few TV channels available.

I can see now why motel rooms often have an extra sink outside the bathroom - this one didn't. Traveling with my husband and two sons, I did not have an extra place to do my hair, put on make-up, etc. I even had to move the coffee pot out onto the dresser, and had to announce myself as I opened the bathroom door to get water.

The staff did not replace the cofffee or cups we used on the first day.

Warning: While the water in the pool was nice, the pool had an "L" shape, and you couldn't see around the corner. A parent of young children would have to be particularly vigilant.

I thought that Best Western was a higher quality chain than some others in the area, but I was wrong.

• Liked — The location was very good.
  • Disliked — The humidity and uncomfortable beds.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Brick, NJ
Reviewed April 24, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for business travel. The room was just acceptable - clean, but not much natural light, and a little claustrophobia inducing. The main problem with this place is that there is a Chinese restaurant on the first floor, so the entire place smells of Chinese food. I like the food as much as the next person, but it was nauseating to smell it all the time. Plus I saw someone drying noodles over a bucket outside (seriously).

The pool did not look like something most people would want to swim in.

A colleague of mine got stuck in the elevator there for about 10 minutes, and the staff did not seem concerned or apologetic when she finally got out.

I stayed in a room toward the front of the hotel and was OK, but a friend of mine who stayed farther back said she didn't feel safe.

The continental breakfast is a joke - some apples, plastic-wrapped danishes, bad coffee, and hard-boiled eggs (which were my saving grace, incidentally). Generally nasty, and the smell of Chinese food doesn't help.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Lake Forest, CA
Reviewed December 10, 2007

I stayed here for two nights while my house, three blocks away, was being tented and fumigated for termites. So obviously the location was ideal - I could easily go home to check my mail and pick up the newspaper out of the driveway!

Overall, I was content. The room was quite quiet, with the soundproofing good enough to not be bothered by adjacent rooms or from the nearby Interstate 5. The king bed seemed exceptionally comfortable, and the room heater easily kept the room comfy on a cool, rainy day. There was adequate storage area, even for my wife, who brought a ridiculous amount of stuff for a short stay. The wired and wireless internet connectivity let me use my three laptops without incident and with no disconnects. There were two refrigerators and a two-burner stove which I didn't use. Lots of more-upscale amenIties: Ironing board/iron, hair drier, coffee maker with proletarian coffee. There was a sofa-bed couch. The room was quite full of furniture for its size. The continental breakfast was adequate, and there was a free "Happy Hour" that I used one of the two evenings to unwind with a rather mediocre white zin - I think Inglenook.

The odd: The building is shaped like a tall "T", with the lobby at the base of the T. I was at the furthest point possible from the lobby - the end of the cross of the T. And the stairwell right next to my room only went between floors, not to the outside. So while I might have expected to park near my room, in reality it was a fairly long walk to get to my car because the only hotel entrance is the lobby!

The bad: checkin was slow. The single desk clerk was apparently processing multiple reservations from a travel agent or consolidator, reading off confirmation numbers as he typed stuff into his computer. It took about 15 minutes before he would acknowledge me standing there. The disposable paper-thin plastic glasses were a joke - happily I had brought a mug from home. The bathtub was surprisingly small, and it had one of those impossible to use (and I'm an engineer) faucets which is either totally on or totally off with the dial rotation somehow adjusting the temperature. Well, it took me as long as five minutes to figure out how to get passably warm (never hot) water. The crummy clock radio seemed to be the one universally found in motels and which can barely receive the strongest AM stations without being overwhelmed by hum. (Again, I brought my own.) And there were insufficient electrical outlets; almost every one in the room was already used for something. I coped, but wish I had brought an outlet strip as I often do.

Oh yeah - they allow pets, but at $50 / head I wasn't about to bring the four kitties. They were boarded at the vet's, a fairly traumatic ordeal for them, but I would have loved to have them in the room.

So these few minor quibbles really don't outweigh the fact that I had a quiet, comfortable stay without spending a fortune. I'd go back without complaint.

Art Shapiro

• Liked — comfortable bed, internet access
  • Disliked — hot water control in tub
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ArtShapiro
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed August 19, 2007

Nothing fancy. Just a nice clean place to stay for the night. I would stay there again.

• Liked — Clean large room
  • Disliked — Pay per view didn't work
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
Laguna Hills Lodge
Laguna Hills Lodge
#1 of 4 in Laguna Hills

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!