“Great Rooms, Great Price, Great Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
“Great Rooms, Great Price, Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, recently stayed at this hotel 6/27 - 6/28. The hotel was very accommodating to our needs. Close to Laguna beach and shopping malls. Great location for this trip. Hotel Lobby very relaxing and enjoyable, rooms very clean and spacious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fullerton, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I booked a five night stay. When I returned to the room it was cleaned but all the blankets were thrown on the sofa. I tried to call but the phone didn’t work. I called the hotel from my Cell and spoke to Jim. I told him that I was in room 231 and the phone didn’t work. He responded with a smart answer that I needed to push a button to get a dial tone, which I tried and pushed line one and line two. Then I explained my issue with the blankets. Again a smart answer - that means they should be back in maybe 10 minutes to make the bed. Twenty minutes later I called the toll free number but was told I couldn’t file a complaint until I checked out. So I checked out early and booked with Best Western located behind thier location. Basically this location didn’t have enough sheets for the rooms occupied. I been a customer for a while but this is the last time I will stay at a Choice Hotel. By the Wat Best Wester Spectrum is Awesome !!!

Room Tip: Book at Best Western Spectrum. Full breakfast, very clean and plush rooms !!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank NicSrt8
homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I am very sorry to hear you were unhappy during your stay, I can assure you we do have enough bedding for all of our rooms including extras and we do wash everything in every room every day and with it being a very busy time of year that means pretty much all of our rooms. So I am sorry you had to wait for clean sheets. And as far as the phone it is true many guests do not know you have to select a line so that is what our agent was letting you know. At any time that you felt you were not being taken care of you can ask to speak to a Manager. You had stated you have stayed with us before I hope you will give us another chance to meet your expectations.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I went to Orange County for a sporting event from 6/5 to 6/9/2014 and got a great deal on this Hotel through priceline. My expectations were not too high considering the relatively low star rating and some critical reviews. I have to say that the Hotel exceeded all my expectations in any way.. I got there at 2:30, 30 minutes prior to their 3 PM check in time and the friendly young lady at the front desk were able to get me into a room after checking with the cleaning staff. The lobby looked very clean.. The front doors looked a little dated and could use a fresh coat of paint and the AC vents in the lobby showed a little bit of age, but other than that, the impression was flawless.. When I got to the room, I was pleasantly surprised.. The room was good size with a small balcony. The room appeared remodeled with upgraded bathroom and newer looking furniture. Bed was comfortable for me as I do like firmer beds like the one they had. Pillows are kinda small but as there were 4 of them on the king size bed, that wasn't a problem. There was no noise etc. at any time that I spent in my room.. Just quiet and relaxing. Everything in the room was working and I took advantage of the little fridge to keep my sports drinks cool.
The breakfast was a typical Hotel breakfast. The sausage was actually pretty good! The location is very good and lots of places in walking distance including the #1 rated Restaurant in the area, Peppino's.. There is also a Panera right in front of Peppino's. For those who prefer McDonalds, there is one right across from the Hotel. I did not use the pool but it appeared clean and inviting.
I think that with a little bit of minor maintenance (like painting the exterior right where the main entrance is), painting or replacing the front doors and replacing some of the ac vents that show some age, this should be at least one star higher rated.. I've been to 3.5 star Hotels that weren't any nicer than this one. I will likely be back at the Quality in in Lake Forest next year when I'm in the area again!

Room Tip: My room was #241 and it was very quiet. It is one of the back rooms facing the interstate. The inter...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Olivier M
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and plan on a return visit. We look forward seeing you again.
Lake Forest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Clean rooms and comfortable accommodations. The breakfast was the best, especially if you love waffles. The staff was kind and professional during my entire stay. There is also a Chinese restaurant on the grounds, very good food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel we appreciate your feedback. I see you enjoyed our Chinese Restaurant they are very good and it does make it easy having it right in the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was attending a wedding reception close by this hotel. We decided it would be a good place to stay the night rather than drive back to San Diego late at night. It took sometime to check in because the manager was behind the desk and there appeared to be no help. I was not expecting luxury first class service so I was ok with waiting a bit. However I did not bargain for bed bugs. We stayed the night, checking out on Sunday morning. Driving home I started itching. I looked at my arms and had numerous bits. I checked the symptoms on line and it proved to be bed bug bits. It is one of the most miserable itchy, ugly, things I'm living through... 2 days later I still have welts. I'm taking a medication and using copious quantities of anti itch lotion. BTW: we also noticed that the hot tub was filthy and opted not to use it...maybe this was my clue of what was to come. No quality here, just bed bugs!

Room Tip: Pull the bed sheets and look very carefully! I would share a photo of my bites but its too ugly jus...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carlyn Y
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I assure you we take all comments seriously and have looked into this. We have not had any other complaints about this of other guests staying at that time. But I do want to apoligize for any discomfort you experienced. We do pride ourselves on the cleaniness of our Hotel.
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was my first time in this property and won't be my last when I return to the area.
I gave it excellent ratings in all categories because it delivered.....from the moment of checkin to checkout.
I appreciate the staff and the hospitality accorded to my stay. I want to single out Les at the front desk for exceptional service.
The property has restaurants close by. It is located in a nice neighborhood and easy access to the freeway. Itv felt very safe and secure in and around the property.
I highly recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your return visits.
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were in Lake Forest for a family reunion. We arrived a few days ahead of others in our group. The hotel was once nice but badly in need of updating. Soiled paint and peeling wall paper. The hotel is clean enough but gives an overall shabby appearance due to paint and wall paper issues. There was also a very large, beautiful chandelier in the lobby. The chandelier had not been cleaned in a very long time and looked dull and dirty.
The hotel was understaffed and I had to go to desk to get items needed for the room.
The day the rest of our party arrived there was a small letter sized sign at the desk advising that the electricity would be off from 10 pm until 6 am. Several in our group had small children and would need to be up changing diapers and feeding. No electricity was NOT an option. When the desk personnel was told they did not desire to stay under these circumstances, the hotel told them they would NOT refund their deposit.
We would not have even known there would be no electrify if our group had not been checking in and seen the small sign.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank perrjojo
homeawayfromhome1, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry that you were unhappy however this was completely out of our control it was not a Hotel issue it was Edison doing work in the area and we gave notice to everyone all of our management stayed late we had emergency lighting in the walk ways and stairs, we were giving out complimentary flashlights and even made an exception and gave you one of our larger free standing lanterns that was for our front desk to assist all the guests due to your family having a small child, but you were still not happy and wanted the only other additional lantern that we had to keep for our front desk. We also let anyone checking in that night cancel if they wanted to at check in not after using the room. Being that it was late at night most guests were fine and understood. Again I apologize for any inconvenience you had.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Forest
Prominence Hotel & Suites
Prominence Hotel & Suites
#7 of 10 in Lake Forest
Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!