“Just average”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Baltimore, Maryland
“Just average”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

After just coming from the Hyatt the Pike Long beach hotel this experience could only be average. However our room was clean and over all our stay was ok. First night we had an elephant in the room above us but after 10 PM that problem got solved as well. Parking is convenient, wifi free, breakfast is $13 extra/p.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank evaregina
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear evaregina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and you had as satisfactory stay at our hotel. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Wonderful location, comfortable rooms, good food and a nice staff. Don't let the Holiday Inn name keep you away. Their new hotels are really well done!

PROS:
Clean
Super location
Comfortable room
Good lighting
Accommodating staff
Good restaurant
Nice bed
Free wifi
Small convenience store, well stocked
Excellent value

CONS
Can't really think of any!

Super quick stay so I didn't get a chance to try out any of their amenities, but I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on a second floor facing the street and did have a bit of road noise. You may want to ask for...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelMommy1
Kelli H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear TravelMommy1

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that it was comfortable, convenient and our staff was great. We look forward to your next stay in the Lake Forest/Irvine area.
Thank you!!!
Noida
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Reception Desk and also the House Keeping Department very Friendly. Please keep it up. I will definitely recommend your Hotel. The Hospitality of this Hotel is 100% Excellent and would Return again time and time again when in USA. Excellent Staff, Courteous, Professional and Cheerful. I can't pick one as All your Staff were Excellent. Keep it up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kelli H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Biyani,

We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience here at the hotel. Thank you, I do agree that our staff from housekeeping to front desk and the restaurant too are excellent. :)

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay on TripAdvisor.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Was pleased in every way. Service was excellent, every request made was met - the entire staff was friendly and helpful - front desk, housekeeping, restaurant. We even requested a room change (from 1 to 2 beds) and it was easy. Excellent value for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway. They have done a great job of soundproofing.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Billy V,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. We truely value and appreciate all our guests’ feedback.

It was great to hear that all expectations were met; we look forward to exceeding them on your next trip to the Lake Forest/Irvine area.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I made a reservation 3 months out and one week later found out I no longer needed it. When I called to cancel, I was informed that I would be forfeiting the entire cost of my stay. $534!!! Are you kidding!!! I spoke to Kelli in Guest Services, who was not only unhelpful but also rude. Even tried calling the corporate office, which was just as frustrating! I can't believe they would hold me to this reservation, when I know it would be no problem to fill this room. Especially since it is over the Christmas holidays, in Southern California. We have stayed at Holiday Inn's all over the country and are even Platinum members in their rewards program. Needless to say, Holiday Inn has lost our business!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank crsills
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear crsills,

Please accept my sincere apology if I came across rude or unhelpful. I have reviewed your reservation and it was booked as a non cancellable, non refundable reservation on the IHG website. I'd be happy to help you out with this if you you'd like to contact me directly at the hotel.

Again i never meant to be unhelpful. We value our Platinum IHG rewards members and appreciate the opportunity to fix this for you.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was in the area visiting family and needed a last minute hotel....I used trip advisor and stumbled across this property. I hit the jackpot! it's nestled in a quiet area near the 5 fwy. It's also close to some nice parks. My first impression was good and the property as a whole is well kept and clean. Plenty of parking and you can see the parking area well from your room. The staff was attentive and very professional. The hotel also has a small restaurant and full bar. The food and drinks were great and all my families needs were met. We will be back. Thank you trip advisor!

Room Tip: the higher floor rooms have a nice view of the freeway and I couldn't hear any of the freeway no...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Hellsumz ,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. My staff and I are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We hope that you can visit us again soon on your next visit to the Irvine/Lake Forest area.

Calexico, California
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed over a month ago at this hotel, on Sept. 6 and 7. I booked two rooms and when I arrived, was charged the safety deposit for one night for both rooms, a total of 100 dllrs.

My debit card is from Mexico, and had no problem with the deposit being charged. It's now been a month and a half later, and my deposit still hasn't been refunded. I've called the hotel several times, I've been told that because of an international card it would take longer, but when I talked directly with my bank they said i shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks. I called the hotel back, they told me they would take care of it and talk directly to my bank, still have not heard from anyone from the hotel, I've had no response and my deposit still hasn't been refunded.

It shouldn't take this long, I don't see why I should loose 100 dllrs because of a poorly done job.

As of so far, I will definitely not return to this hotel, but I really expect closure and an explanation to my problem.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank sylvia_co
Dear Sylvia_co,

I want to apologize for the delay in getting the $100 deposit back to you. You are absolutely right it should not take that long at all... Unfortunately because the bank was in Mexico we did have to have the bank contact us. I hope and trust this has been taken care of for you now.

We do hope you decide to return to the hotel on your next visit to the Irvine/Lake Forest area.

Take care,
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods
Homewood Suites by Hilton Aliso Viejo Laguna Beach
The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!