“Downgraded - unacceptable internet connection”

Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This used to be my favorite hotel in the Lake Forest area. Not so anymore. I am heavily reliant on a reasonable internet connection and this was lacking in my room on the 5th floor for 2 weeks. I did complain and was given an ethernet cable. However, I was not able to establish a connection this way. I could very well be my computer, because it is a rather new company computer and I have limited control over it. There are many good things I can say about this hotel. However, if I need internet. When I'm travelling for work I work 14 hours a day. I would prefer to spend some of this time in comfort of my hotel room rather than sitting in the dark at the office. I will likely turn to the Hampton Inn on my next trip. I will suffer from a slow elevator and a sad exersize room, but the internet is typically reliable.

Room Tip: Most rooms are exposed to freeway noise. I find the sound proofing acceptable, but some people may...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank FirstOnes
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear FirstOnes,

Thank you very much for brining this issue to our attention and please let me apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you during your stay. Please know we take the internet issue very seriously and have recently increased our bandwidth and put more strict idle timeouts on the computers. On you next trip out to the area please feel free to contact me directly via email or by calling me on my direct line 949-334-0663 and I will do my best to get you into a room with a better if not great internet connection. Thank you again for your candid feedback.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights.great clean hotel. I stayed on the side facing the hwy. no noise issue at all. I was on the top floor. Everything is very new and quiet. About 5 mins drive to a few big strip malls for food etc..shopping is nearby maybe 10 mins or so. Laguna is about 20-25 mins away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank west_coast22
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Nice, clean place with an attentive and friendly staff. Clean and modern vibe. Has a bar/restaurant within that has good food, and a surprisingly good Angus cheeseburger and fries plate that my wife and I really enjoy when we stop by. We also book a room there for my senior age mother when she visits----that is an endorsement that speaks volumes if you have any concerns about the quality of this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 344John
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was in Irvine for business and stayed here for 2 nights. I had previously stayed here and like the hotel so I stayed again for my current trip. The rooms and service are all above average. My room was always clean when coming back from a day of work. Breakfast is served in the morning and was also very good, although it would be nice to open before 6:30am on weekdays and 7:00 am on weekends. Overall my stay was flawless and I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was in Irvine for a weekend event and booked the Holiday Inn for my stay. I couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel appears to be new and everything is clean and fresh. The room was nicely appointed, beds very comfortable, and plenty of convenience outlets for your electronics. Since I was only there to sleep, I didn't use the restaurant, bar, or gym, but I did make time for a hot soak and found the temperature perfect and the pool refreshing. There is plenty of free parking. High speed internet in the room worked flawlessly. There was a microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker, and nice sized safe in the room. I loved the hotel and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The hotel is configured in an "L" shape with the elevators on one end of the "L"...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was a last minute trip made a quick booking without any problems. Was rated 3 stars but I would say 4-5stars for sure. Family with kids is good but seems to be more a business hotel. Hotel is nice & clean modern new. Right off the freeway. Outside you can here the freeway noise but once inside nothing. The rooms are clean has mini frig. bed was nice a comfy. A/C was great. Bathroom was clean no visual issues. Love that they had "HOT" water not lukewarm etc. We had breakfast buffet nothing really special. It's standard nice breakfast buffet & coffee in the morning and had a special "kids eat free" which was nice. They even have happy hour. The restaurant/bar is very nice. They even have individual tv for booths. Very nice. We were able to use the pool and it was clean. Although they did not have much towels left but we can get more from front desk. They had underground & inside parking garage with security camera and plenty of parking when we arrived. Our overall experience here was great. We will be back whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear amfun33,

Thank you for the time you took out of your day to review our hotel on trip advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the "kids eat free" aspect of your dining experience. We are always improving our Breakfast Buffet items; your feedback on this is very valuable to us. So thank you!!!
It's also nice to hear that our front desk staff addressed your need for more towels at the pool and got them to you right way. We do hope to see you on your next trip to Irvine.

Regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent 1 week in Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum and found that the staff to be very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are neat and comfortable, wireless internet access from the room is a plus for any traveller, business or leisure.
The restaurant meals were pretty good, though one or two items were a bit to salty for my liking.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum
Quality Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum
The Hills Hotel, an Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Courtyard Laguna Hills Irvine Spectrum/Orange County

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!