“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Lake Forest
Tustin, California
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

If I didn't know it I would have thought I was at a "W " hotel. Very nicely decorated and spotless. Service was perfect. I had no idea Holiday Inn had properties of this calibre and it definately changed my perception. Wish every hotel could meet this standard...unfortunately there are 4 starhotels that aren't nearly as nice. Impressed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Rick C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review in Trip Advisor. I will share your wonderful comments with our staff.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

In general, I have always been happy with Holiday Inns and their affiliates. This was the first time I stayed at this particular one, and, once again, I was completely impressed. The staff was so pleasant, and very accomodating. We ate at the in-hotel restaurant, and the food was delicious. What I LOVE about this hotel is that everything you would need to be comfortable is there, at your fingertips. They even had a little Sundries shop, just in case you forgot something. The beds are SOOO comfortable, and the rooms are modern and very convenient. I would definitely stay here if I am ever in this part of Socal again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Victoria M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you were able to relax and get comfortable while staying with us. I will be sharing all your wonderful comments about our hotel with our staff.

We look forward to you next stay in Socal with us.

Sincerly,
Kelli harvey
Front Office Manager.
Ojai, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I swear, had you dropped me into the room NOT KNOWING it was a HI - I never would have guessed. I was there on biz paid for by another company, but at the rate of $99 w/ a pool and gym, it's a screamin' deal. Very stylish - like midtown Manhattan. No joke. An added plus, were washer/dryers on my floor. I had been traveling for a month before I arrived, and this was an awesome added detail I never would have anticipated.
That said, the b'fast is a joke. $12.95 for the buffet !? It should be free. Food is not good quality and is uninspired [for the price]. Ask for it to be included w/ price of room.

As for the rest - wifi, cable, fridge, all the details covered. You could do worse.

Room Tip: request a room NOT facing freeway. If you open the window, the noise from the cars is deafening. a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear JLewisUSA,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with our staff.
We have recently upgraded our breakfast buffet hopefully on your next trip with us you will have the opprutinty to enjoy it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean ,everything modern ,beds very comfortable . Night was very nice and quite . Staff always greeted us with a smile and welcomed us . Very impressive .Pool was clean and working. Plenty of parking . Lobby was decorated wonderfully !

• Stayed September 2012
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear rustypenny,

Thank you for taking the time to Post a review in Trip Advisor. I will share your positive comments with our staff.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of the reviews, the location and the price. I travel to SoCal 2-3 times a year. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel from the time I walked into the lobby until the time I walked out. I was allowed to check in a little early which I appreciated since I had been driving for 6 hours. I also appreciated that the person at the desk, I neglected to get his name :-( informed me that there was a sports team staying on the 4th floor so he would put me on the 5th. My room was great and very comfy. I loved the little coffee alcove. There was a microwave, refrigerator, a small counter and some cabinets. The decor was browns and blues, my favorite. Wonderful Bath and Body Works products in the bathroom. The hotel has easy access to the freeway, several shopping centers and the beach. I never stay at the same hotel twice because I'm always looking for a little more. I thought I found my go to hotel. Since I am going back for Thanksgiving I was going to make reservations at this hotel. The price was nearly double what I had just paid. Oh well, my search continues.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear gcsmit,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do offer special rates for holiday weekends please give us a call when it gets closer and i'd be happy to assist you any way i can.

We look forward to you staying with us again,

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

The staff were friendly and helpful. The omelets at breakfast were outstanding. It may be close to the the 405 highway, but I never heard road noise in my room. Very convenient location....McDonalds and convenience store within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank plans4
Dear plans4,

Thank you for taking the time to Post a review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying with us again.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

The staff on reception and in the restaurant were efficient and friendly.

The breakfast was a buffet style and was just about ok. However, serving breakfast on plastic plates and plastic silverware was a big shock at the weekend. I have no idea why you would do that - it was cheap and nasty.

The rooms were not too bad. I overlooked the 405 but the soundproofing was good enough that I didn't lose any sleep.

The quality of housekeeping was not great - I had someone else's spilled powder make up on my bathroom basin for all of the 4 days I was there and the drain in my room could have done with a really good deep clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank davidraw
Kelli H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear davidraw,

Thank you for taking time to post in Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with my staff and my fellow supervisors.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Forest
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
#1 of 1 in Laguna Woods

Been to Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum? Share your experiences!