Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Spa
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsirvine spectrumfront deskbreakfast buffetwine and cheesecoffee makergreat optionhotel restaurantmeeting roomclose proximitya great staybooked this hotelrooms are cleanfree parkingthe entire staffeasy accessshuttle serviceorange county
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have been visiting the Orange County area recently as I have a few relatives in the area. It is a relatively new hotel (about two years old?). Very clean and modern. Right off the freeway so the location is ideal! I always request a room the opposite side of the freeway. One time I forgot, and had a room by the freeway. It wasn't bad. Last time I stayed here, I took advantage of the coin-operated laundry facility. For once I brought home clean clothes. HOORAY! I also like the safe in the wall. Each time I stay here, I find something new to appreciate about the place. Most recently, I was the only one during the mornings to enjoy swimming laps in the pool. Bliss for me!

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room facing the swimming pool--that way, you are NOT on the freeway side.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
luis1682, Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for making this hotel your home away from home. We value your comments and are pleased you shared your most recent experience at the Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 9, 2011

This is a nice Holiday Inn, but a Holiday Inn nonetheless. Located just off Highway 5, this hotel provides for easy on and off the highway. There was a short line for check-in, but service was otherwise unremarkable. Furnishings in the room were relatively new. The room was spacious and decor was intended for business travelers. Bathroom was fairly large, but drab with upscale house brand toiletries. I'd recommend this hotel if you are passing through Irvine and need to get off and on quickly. I would not recommend it for an extended stay or if you are staying with kids,

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Deorr,

We value your comments and are thankful you took the time to express your experience at the Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum. I will address your concerns with my department managers.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was in Irvine for business and spent two weeks at this location. It is an attractive property with a full service restaurant and bar. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and quite knowledgable about the area. The hotel rooms are typical HI, and the housekeeping staff does an outstanding job.

THere is a pool and workout area, as well as a parking garage in the slim chance there is rain in Southern CA. The location is convenient to the main highway as well as shopping and restaurants.

Each evening there is "Happy Hour" where there are 1/2 bar small plates and a mgr's reception. A nice touch after a long work day.

This is a definite location to consider if you are staying in the area. It impressed this seasoned traveler.

Room Tip: Join Priority Club. You get extra perks and points towards free nights.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Since this hotel opened its doors I have been staying here at least 4 or 5 times, last stay lasting for almost 2 weeks. Avoid room 510 (close to AC installation that creates continous terrible humming) but all other rooms I slept in (at least 6 different ones on the 5th floor) are recommendable.
Location is good (no noise in the rooms although close to 405), always sufficient parking, clean and safe area.
Prices for small consumptions (snacks, drinks) are very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MPH010
luis1682, Manager at Holiday Inn Irvine Spectrum, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Dear Slovenia,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I will address the A/C noise in room 510. I appreciate your detail review and we thank you for the compliments on your most recent stay.

Manager

Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was my 3rd stay at this particular Holiday Inn. It is new & modern looking, compared to a lot of other Holiday Inns that I have stayed at. This is a smaller hotel but still has a pool, restaurant, etc. The location is fantastic...right where the 5/405 freeways meet.

The only downside that I can see is that if you don't have a car, there isn't much (other than restaurants) within walking distance. I believe that the Holiday Inn offers a shuttle, but I haven't used it. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank McMomma5

Dear Keller Texas,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I will share your compliment to my staff. I apologize my staff did not inform you we have a Restaurant and Lounge on property. I will address this with my Guest Services Agents. We appreciate your comments and hope you and your family returns soon.

Manager