“Best smoked meat”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've been to several restaurants for smoked meat, but none can come close to Lucille's. I have never been disappointed in a meal with the exception of one time when I thought the tri tip didn't seem to have much smoke flavor, but it may just have been me. I can't imagine being disappointed with anything on the menu.

1  Thank David B
There are newer reviews for Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Took family out for Thanksgiving dinner for the first time. I had the traditional feast while the others had the two choice meat dinner. Since turkey was forthcoming at home on Saturday, I had the ham with mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans and the classic rolls.
The portions were not too big, which was good because sweet potato pie was included for dessert. The green beans could have been warmer because the sauce began to jel, so it was a bit thick.
The meal was served quickly and the poor waitress was working sooo hard and seemed tired from the holiday crowds but she did a great job. We enjoyed the dining experience although it was noisy from the busy crowds.

3  Thank Tim_the_Enchanter417
Reviewed November 17, 2013

For the lower prices of Happy Hour, you usually have to sacrifice food quality,quantity, service, and alternatives. Completely the opposite at Lucille's. You have 7-10 choices each for drafts, bottles, wines and cocktails. The same is true for the food. We went for the rib tips, fried green tomatoes, and the onion rings which were the perfect accompaniment for my $5 draft and my wife's Chardonnay. Waiter greeted us as we walked in and even though the place was full, he continued the good service thorough out the night. It's all you want in a bar and for $25.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Listen, I'm from the South so I know really, really good BBQ. Lucille's is adequate and will satisfy that southern bbq hankerin'. But it's just that, very good and adequate. Some of their food prices are reasonable but seriously? $10 for 4 slices of fried green tomatoes? Cannot believe that one!! They certainly do make great tea and the service is good. So every now and then we return.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have been here many times with family and friends for dinner and birthday celebrations. They can accommodate large groups quite well and accurately split checks with random seating arrangements.
The portions are large and the biscuits are filling, so if you want dessert, plan to take half of your meal to go, for tomorrow's lunch. The strawberry lemonade is tasty and I have enjoyed many of the entrees.
Once we had a waitress who prayed with us for dinner; best dinner ever.