“Happy at Happy Hour”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

For the lower prices of Happy Hour, you usually have to sacrifice food quality,quantity, service, and alternatives. Completely the opposite at Lucille's. You have 7-10 choices each for drafts, bottles, wines and cocktails. The same is true for the food. We went for the rib tips, fried green tomatoes, and the onion rings which were the perfect accompaniment for my $5 draft and my wife's Chardonnay. Waiter greeted us as we walked in and even though the place was full, he continued the good service thorough out the night. It's all you want in a bar and for $25.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Listen, I'm from the South so I know really, really good BBQ. Lucille's is adequate and will satisfy that southern bbq hankerin'. But it's just that, very good and adequate. Some of their food prices are reasonable but seriously? $10 for 4 slices of fried green tomatoes? Cannot believe that one!! They certainly do make great tea and the service is good. So every now and then we return.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have been here many times with family and friends for dinner and birthday celebrations. They can accommodate large groups quite well and accurately split checks with random seating arrangements.
The portions are large and the biscuits are filling, so if you want dessert, plan to take half of your meal to go, for tomorrow's lunch. The strawberry lemonade is tasty and I have enjoyed many of the entrees.
Once we had a waitress who prayed with us for dinner; best dinner ever.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I just loved the food here! Went there with my co-workers and I just loved it! I got the Cajun Chicken sandwich and it was DIVINE! Killer sweet potatoes fries too! Can't wait to go back. Hoping they open one in NorCal!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a really nice lunch at Lucille's. Two of us split a full rack of St Louis ribs, and we couldn't finish it. The sides are good, but the entire meal is very fattening. We heard there is 500 calories in each biscuit, and I wouldn't be surprised if the side order of Mac and cheese and over 1000 calories. Our waitress was great - knowledgable and helpful. I would eat there again, as long as I wasn't worried about my diet.