“can't go wrong....wish I live closer to one”

Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #4 of 284 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2011

good beef ribs, enormous portions for the $, good BBQ sauce. mouth is watering writing this review. and yes it is very loud inside.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

What made this restaurant average to us was the terrible noise environment. Now, others might think "noisy" is fun and lively. I, personally, would like to be able to hear the person sitting next to me at my table and hold a conversation without screaming!

We've just arrived from this restaurant... I am so upset that even the good-food experience was spoiled. It is not the first time we've been at Lucille's, however, it seems to be getting worse as far as the noise level is concerned. Please, someone fix the acoustics in this place!!! We were sited in the back room next close to a large table which seemed to take over the whole place with their laughter and conversation. The table sited next to us even asked to be moved.

The service was extremely friendly, the food was good but even after mentioning the noise level....well, I guess there was not much our poor server could do but apologize.

So, if you want to eat some good bbq food by yourself, this is the place to go. If you'd like to have a nice quiet meal, don't even consider this place! Take it home.

So..... management/owners. Please feel free to take notes! better yet, have a meal there in the evening :) and try to have a conversation....bet you can't.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Desert was great. Service was okay. Nice feel to the place. Watched them load the smoker.

Reviewed February 19, 2011

The trip is worth their bbq salsas alone. They even sell the sauces by the bottle. Good drink and beer selection. Plates are huge, my husband and I usually split a dish there. It is fun to go with a group, but the bill can add up quick and it is a bit noise, otherwise I would've given it 5 stars.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

The biscuits were flaky-browned on the outside and fluffy on the inside; the half-stack of onion strings was hot and delicious and not greasy; the barbecue sauce was mhmmmm-mhmmm good with a nice vinegary bite to it; the chicken tenders were lightly breaded on the outside and tender and juicy as can be on the inside; and the baby-back rib meat fell right off the bone. Sigh.

And refills on our big sized glass mugs of diet coke and iced tea were free:)

Service was good, and the waiter got us everything we needed.

It was nice to get hot towels (which were real washcloths) at the end to wipe your hands and mouth with.

Since we went at 3 p.m., it was quiet inside which was nice. It can get VERY crowded here, so I try to go at off peak hours.

This is my second visit, and it was equally good the first time, although the first time the place was crowded and noisy at lunch time. Which actually says a lot about the restaurant being good enough that they pack them in like that regularly at peak hours!