“Very nice hotel and amenities”

Best Western Plus Lake Elsinore Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Lake Elsinore
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Very pleased with the appearance, staff, and accomadations in general. Nice clean, spacious room, freindly staff, convienient location to dining, beautiful views.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Lake Elsinore Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stayed several times, always clean & spacious for 2 people. Bed new and comfortable. Breakfast is above average with make-your-own waffles, fruit, cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagel, pastries, juice, toast & coffee. The pool & spa are clean and comfortbly heated. 5 plus restaurants and a casino within 1/2 mile walking distance. Lake view is ok on 2nd & 3rd floors. Some traffic noise on east side (away from the lake). Fitness room is good. A fine choice for a value oriented stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RicketyOne
Reviewed December 13, 2009

I made a reservation here because they had the lowest rate for one night. The front desk staff was very nice and very professional. The problem arose when we entered our room, which was on the ground floor which is the same level as the swimming pool. The check in desk/lobby is on the first floor or street level.
Our room, upon entering immediately, had the funkiest odor. It was not quite a smell one associates with mildew, smoking (the hotel is 100% non-smoking), pets or musky old rooms. I went to the front desk and advised the clerk of the smell. She politely replied that the hotel has not been very busy, so the rooms were not being used as often. So I'm guessing that I was to tolerate the smell, simply because it was due to the room not being used and therefore I was only smelling stale air???? I was told by the front desk clerk that she would bring some Febreeze to my room.
Within 10 minutes, she brought a bottle for me and handed it to me at the door. The front desk clerk did not enter the room to check out the smell or a possible source of the smell and I was not offered another room.
I started spraying the furniture, bedding, AC/Heater, carpet etc, and noticed that the Febreeze was not smelling as mcuha s it should be compared to the Febreeze we use at home. When I opened the bottle, it smelled like the product had been diluted to almost zero strength. This was the bottle that Housekeeping were using.
We tolerated the smell and decided that this was not a place we wish to stay at again.

The walls of this hotel are very thin also. We were kept awake by our neighbors TV all night, plus we could hear most of their conversations while just laying in bed.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I'm soooo glad that there was a Best Western in the area. I was actually traveling to San Diego and my family and I needed to stay at a place for the night. We found this hotel and I couldn't have been happier. The staff and service were amazing.

The rooms were spacious and super clean!!! Considering the price and cleanliness, this place is the best!! I recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2008

We did not have high expectations for this level of hotel and I'm am typically pretty easy to please. Our stay was just an overnight stop to avoid the Thanksgiving holiday traffic. The hotel was fairly new and clean howerever it was poorly managed.

We had a reservation for one of their larger rooms to accomodate our needs for having three kids with us. When we checked in, they had given our room away and put us in a smaller room without adjusting the rate. Once we got to our room there were two beds and a sofa sleeper. Okay, we had enough beds to sleep, but no linens for the sofa bed. When we called house keeping for the linens, we were told we had to go get the linens from the front desk.

The next mornging, when it was time for breakfast, which was included in the cost of the room. We went down stairs approximate one hour before the cut off time for breakfast and we found one piece of white bread and two stale danish. We were discusted and left for Mac Donalds, much better food.

Our one night stay at this Best Western location turned me off towards Best Western all together, I would not stay at any of their hotels. They did not bother to apologize or ever recognized that what they did by giving away our room was just poor service, even after completing one of their surveys.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank Tina00777
AAP2897, Manager at Best Western Plus Lake Elsinore Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2009

The guest room was not given away. The guests had booked a different room type and when the guests arrived we did correct the problem.

Reviewed August 3, 2008

I needed a place near family, and the hotels I usually use were booked. The A/C was weak. I asked for a second room since the A/C did not seem to work in the first, but my partner said there are new standards in A/C making them greener but not as cool as older units. In any case I was too warm. However, the gal who was at the front desk everytime I went by was great. She was solo and dealt with multiple phone calls, check ins, questions, and my changing rooms with a smile. Heather is an asset to this motel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FeltonTraveler4fun
Reviewed July 21, 2008

After checking all the reviews on all the different websites, we decided this was the place to stay. We just needed a decent, inexpensive family place for one night. This place filled that need. The room was spacious enough for the four of us and well lit. The cleaning person missed a long dark hair on the white bathroom counter, easily seen upon arrival, left a TP roll which was almost empty and a tissue box with only four more left in it. Other than that, the room was clean enough. The A/C cooled the hot room down nicely in an hour. Checking-in was swift and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Red Lion Inn & Suites Perris
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Murrieta
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula

Been to Best Western Plus Lake Elsinore Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!