“excellent Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Elsinore
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Lake Elsinore
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Summary: great stay, excellent Holiday Inn Express & Suites. This hotel has everything you expect from HI Express, but it is much better than others.
We booked via internet directly with the main Holiday Inn site, room type: non-smoking king bed, request for a quiet room.
We arrived early before the check-in time of 2 pm. Check-in was smooth, things were prepared, but the room was not yet ready, no problem for us
Opened in 2008 this hotel still looks very new. Indoor pool.
We stayed in room 112 - very nice, clean room, cable tv with wide choice of channels, good free wifi internet.
In the bathroom we missed a cosmetic/shaving mirror.
Good Holiday Inn Express style breakfast.
Though the hotel is next to the I-15 freeway (exit 73) we had no noise issues. From the I-15 exit it is a few turns to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hotel8more

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I chose this hotel because we had a decent stay here last year while visiting lake elsinore. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone now, as I did last year. This trip we walked into an 80 degree stifling hot room after we checked in at 8pm. It took a couple hours to cool the room enough to comfort (i don't do well with a/c). One of our lamps was broken and wanted to fall over at the touch. Our bathroom towel rack had been ripped loose from the wall and just hanging there (the maids didn't even hang towels from it). The breakfast wasn't as good as in the past and our hotel rate was $70 bucks more this year!! Totally disappointed and we won't return!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Aklunatic
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Elsinore, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Aklunatic,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept our apologies for the inconvenience the overall condition of your room may have caused during your stay. I only ask that if ever you encounter the same issues in the future please don't hesitate to let our manager on duty know of your concerns because they are the ones who can help you in a timely manner. Nevertheless, I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Needed a place to sleep for the night. Read some reviews and this place rocks. Very clean and staff was really nice. Needed a little past late check out and the manager worked with us. For the price we paid the room was more than what we expected. Breakfast wasn't bad neither. This place has my stamp of approval and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here on night on or way to San Diego. The motel was clean, the room was comfortable, the free internet was fast, the TV had a large screen and a good selection of stations, the bathroom was clean and good sized. The room had a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. The desk service was efficient and professional.

The breakfast was fine - warm sausages, eggs, juice, muffins, bagels, yogurt, coffee, toast, etc. This isn't a resort motel, but for an overnight, it worked well.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the I-15 freeway, but the rooms are well sound insulated.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

New hotel with large room for 3 adults and great complimentary breakfast for about $80. Hotel is near I15 so there is alot of traffic in the area so be patient. Check-in was quick but because I booked with Hotels.com they wouldn't give me any Priority Club award points for my stay. Breakfast area had warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival so I had two. Room was nice but a little bit dark since they use those darn energy efficient light bulbs. Indoor pool was small but the room itself was very warm - to much so on such a warm day. The A/C kept the room cool but was a bit noisey during the night - this was the only real drawback. The beds were super comfortable. I will stay their again if I can get the same price.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. Check in was easy, staff friendly. This hotel reflected the HIE brand perfectly. Loved the bowl of fresh apples at the front desk. Room and common areas very clean. It was a little tricky to find- tucked back in. I would stay here again if in the area for business. The price/value was VERY good compared to other hotels in the area- even compared to others in the Holiday Day brand. It was in a nice area, I can't imagine why it priced so much lower, but no complaints from me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank roadtripper10
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Lake Elsinore is a boating destination/vacation area so the hotel fees are HIGHER on the weekends than the weekdays. During the week, there isn't a better value than this in the Elsinore/Murrietta/Temecula area. Breakfast has a good variety compared to some of the other corporations' offerings, and with a refrigerator and coffeemaker in the rooms, and a clean newer hotel, what's not to like? For about a $70 weekday price you just can't beat it.

Room Tip: Even though it's sort of near the freeway none of the rooms I've been in get that freeway hu...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Murrieta
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country
Hampton Inn & Suites Hemet
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Elsinore? Share your experiences!