“not the best for your money”
Review of Arrowhead Lake Inn

Arrowhead Lake Inn
Newport Beach, California
“not the best for your money”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

the room was small with no view and strong unpleasant smels, we did not have the pleasure to meet the owner, the one staff present, was slightly hostile, I wander why... may be he was tired who knows... for 140$ a night, next time we will look some where else. We love B&Bs for the charm and autentic feel, this one did not have it sorry

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vifor
romantique285, Owner at Arrowhead Lake Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
My name is Chris and along with my sister Megan, we are the Lakeview Lodge. We have been operating for 20 years and have loved taking care of all the guests that have come through our doors.
I also was the "hostile" person on duty. I pride myself on being charming and taking great care of our guests so they have a wonderful stay.
Not making excuses, I would like to say I quit smoking in July, 2010 and did not have an easy time with it. I got annoyed at little things and was not my old self. I am happy to say that I have come out the other side in good shape. I feel great, my family, especially my 20 year old daughter are so happy for me.
I hope all will come join us for a great stay at the best small lodging establishment in Lake Arrowhead.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ventura, California
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I chose this B&B when searching from place to stay in Lake Arrowhead. The weekend was our first weekend away and my fiance's bday. We had been dating few months. The staff was extremely accommodating to our "late arrival" needs, as we were far from home. They noted when I made the reservations, the purpose and the Saturday afternoon after we returned from wonderful afternoon out at the lake, we were surpised by Complimentary champagne set up on ice waiting for us.
And later that evening, when we were heading out to dinner in town, our car wouldn't start, one of the staff, was friendly enough to Jump start our car, so we wouldn't have to call and wait for roadside assitance.
We are now engaged to be married in 6 months, and when deciding on location of honemoon... it was easy! Same place that served for our First romantic weekend together.
There's so many other things that were incredible about this lodge, that I could go on forever.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steph60769
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Compared to the other reviewers, I guess I'm harder to please. Our room was just adequate. The decor is kitschy and old. Granted, we did not have a room with a view., so perhaps those rooms are more special. We just needed a room for sleeping after an event in town. I was most disenchanted with the bathroom, which was very small with inadequate counter space. On the plus side, the location is the best.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mazz56
Culver City, CA
Reviewed June 10, 2010

My husband and I went to Lake Arrowhead to celebrate our 35th anniversary, hoping to stay in something more charming and intimate than your basic hotel, and this place was exactly what we were looking for. Chris and Megan were wonderful hosts who made us feel completely at home. Our room ( the "Romantique" room) was beautifully appointed, as was the whole downstairs area. Coffee and soft drinks were available all day long, as was fresh fruit, carrots and celery, yogurt and other goodies. The cinnamon rolls at breakfast were huge, gooey and absolutely delicious! Complimentary DVDs and board games were also available for guests to use during their stays. We highly recommend the Romantique Lakeview Lodge to anybody who's looking for a special place.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Claremont, CA
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed here for our 20th wedding anniversary. The friendly owner greeted us with a short tour, and everything was included in the price: free DVDs, continental breakfast with wonderfully large cinnamon rolls, snacks in the fridge. Room was charming and unbelievably clean. The night got cold, but in-room heater/fireplace did the job. Romantique is across the street from shops and dining--everything within walking distance. Would highly recommend this wonderful place to anyone looking for a nice, friendly, clean and comfortable getaway.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
walnut creek, ca
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I have traveled to Lake Arrowhead for 15 years on business and just discovered this gem. The location is ideal, the rates are very reasonable and the staff is friendly. What more could you want? I will stay here from now on rather than the resort across the way.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
San Diego
Reviewed July 6, 2009

The Lakeview Lodge is really a bed & breakfast, not a hotel. It is charming and warmly decorated. The owners are very friendly and helpful. (We've been vacationing in Lake Arrowhead for years. One Thanksgiving, we got caught in an unexpected snowstorm. The husband of one of the owners came over with his 4 x 4 to help us get our car onto the main road - I've never had that kind of service at a Hilton.)

The location is great, too. It is directly across from Lake Arrowhead Village (very convenient), but, even better is the view. It looks out across the lake and the surrounding pine-covered mountains - just beautiful!

The stay includes a minimal breakfast (cereal, juice, coffee), so don't expect an elaborate breakfast. However, it makes up for it by offering some amazing (and huge) cinnamon rolls from a local bakery.

There are 7 rooms (I think); a couple are very small. The others are fine. The upstairs rooms in the main house are quite large (and have the best views). Each room is uniquely decorated. Overall, I would recommend the Lakeview Lodge to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
No photo provided
Arrowhead Mountain Inn
#5 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Arrowhead Lake Inn? Share your experiences!