“Excellent Weekend”
Review of Arrowhead Lake Inn

Arrowhead Lake Inn
“Excellent Weekend”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

After looking long and hard to find a romantic place to take my wife for our anniversary I came across this little gem of a place. Very Victorian style decor, nice and cozy with a great view of the lake. The hospitality from Chris was great and they were always well stocked with muffins, coffee, tea, softdrinks, etc. A walk to the Lake Shopping area where it's hard to find a parking place and I would highly recommend this place for a weekend getaway with the one you love.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The room was very cozy - the bed was small but comfy (we stayed in the love letter room). Great view! Price was reasonable/ a bit on the pricey side. They have a great range of movies to choose from (flat screen tv) and board games too, which were fun! The breakfast wasn't anything too great (I wish they had some more choices). Just simple muffins, cereal, and coffee/tea. But overall a great place to stay, good location too.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lifeintechnicolor
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during 4th of July 2010 and loved it. The house is charming with a perfect view of the lake. You can walk downtown from the B&B or sit on the front patio and sip your coffee while reading in the sun. Lovely. The staff were very nice and even made a great 4th of July cake for that night. The room was clean, bed comfortable with it's own bathroom. The owner actually produced Murder She Wrote which is a fun tidbit! We're going back....kind of hoping my review doesn't book the place for the 4th this year but wanted people to know this is a nice B&B.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed October 24, 2010

the room was small with no view and strong unpleasant smels, we did not have the pleasure to meet the owner, the one staff present, was slightly hostile, I wander why... may be he was tired who knows... for 140$ a night, next time we will look some where else. We love B&Bs for the charm and autentic feel, this one did not have it sorry

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vifor
romantique285, Owner at Arrowhead Lake Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
My name is Chris and along with my sister Megan, we are the Lakeview Lodge. We have been operating for 20 years and have loved taking care of all the guests that have come through our doors.
I also was the "hostile" person on duty. I pride myself on being charming and taking great care of our guests so they have a wonderful stay.
Not making excuses, I would like to say I quit smoking in July, 2010 and did not have an easy time with it. I got annoyed at little things and was not my old self. I am happy to say that I have come out the other side in good shape. I feel great, my family, especially my 20 year old daughter are so happy for me.
I hope all will come join us for a great stay at the best small lodging establishment in Lake Arrowhead.
Ventura, California
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I chose this B&B when searching from place to stay in Lake Arrowhead. The weekend was our first weekend away and my fiance's bday. We had been dating few months. The staff was extremely accommodating to our "late arrival" needs, as we were far from home. They noted when I made the reservations, the purpose and the Saturday afternoon after we returned from wonderful afternoon out at the lake, we were surpised by Complimentary champagne set up on ice waiting for us.
And later that evening, when we were heading out to dinner in town, our car wouldn't start, one of the staff, was friendly enough to Jump start our car, so we wouldn't have to call and wait for roadside assitance.
We are now engaged to be married in 6 months, and when deciding on location of honemoon... it was easy! Same place that served for our First romantic weekend together.
There's so many other things that were incredible about this lodge, that I could go on forever.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steph60769
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Compared to the other reviewers, I guess I'm harder to please. Our room was just adequate. The decor is kitschy and old. Granted, we did not have a room with a view., so perhaps those rooms are more special. We just needed a room for sleeping after an event in town. I was most disenchanted with the bathroom, which was very small with inadequate counter space. On the plus side, the location is the best.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mazz56
Culver City, CA
Reviewed June 10, 2010

My husband and I went to Lake Arrowhead to celebrate our 35th anniversary, hoping to stay in something more charming and intimate than your basic hotel, and this place was exactly what we were looking for. Chris and Megan were wonderful hosts who made us feel completely at home. Our room ( the "Romantique" room) was beautifully appointed, as was the whole downstairs area. Coffee and soft drinks were available all day long, as was fresh fruit, carrots and celery, yogurt and other goodies. The cinnamon rolls at breakfast were huge, gooey and absolutely delicious! Complimentary DVDs and board games were also available for guests to use during their stays. We highly recommend the Romantique Lakeview Lodge to anybody who's looking for a special place.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
No photo provided
Arrowhead Mountain Inn
#5 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Arrowhead Lake Inn? Share your experiences!