“Just... don't”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Lake Arrowhead
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Just... don't”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Spending the day in Lake Arrowhead, my friend and I decided to grab a quick bite and, after reviewing the local restaurants, chose the Tea & Coffee exchange because they offered crepes. Perhaps they should stick to what they are "known" for and only serve drinks. We both ordered the ham and cheese (comes with pineapple and "hawaiian sauce") and a strawberry nutella crepe. I was told mine would take 15-20 minutes, and my friend (who ordered after me) was told 30-40. They had one person working the cash register and drinks and sandwhiches, and one woman working the crepe station. There are two crepe plates, but she was only using one at a time. Maybe it was broken. Anyway, fast forward and apparently I got the last of the strawberries, so even though we are standing right there, and we can hear them talking, they don't ask if my friend would like to change her order, they just start preparing a nutella only crepe. She interjects, and says she really wanted strawberries and would prefer to cancel her order. Apparently they don't know how to do a refund, so they offered her a few cookies and a bottle of water in trade. We chose a table outside to enjoy the weather, and opened up our "to-go" boxes. First, the ham and cheese: the crepes are huge. I suspect this is to make up for the fact that they are undercooked and filled with a horrible combination of ingredients. The entire can of crushed pineapple topped with chunky sweet and sour made sure none of the cheese melted, and made the already too thick crepe even more soggy. I finished about 1/3 of this. Next, strawberries and nutella: first of all, if you're going to top a crepe with whipped cream, don't put the utensils in the box on top of it. The crepe itself suffered the same problems as the ham and cheese, though the nutella was appropriate in volume. The strawberries were of the syrup variety, though not as overly sweet as many "pie filling" style strawberries are. I would have preferred fresh of course, but I managed to finish about 3/4 of this crepe before I couldn't stand the almost medicinal flavor and chewy undercooked crepe (I really love Nutella). As for my friend, ham and cheese, see above. The cookies looked great but were harder than a hockey puck. The Snickerdoodle had a very strange flavor we could not place, but it overwhelmed the cinnamon (it was that strong). The water was Arrowhead Spring water (appropriate) and tasted good. Highlight of the meal really. While we were eating outside, the line continued to build due to the slow service. During our meal at least 5 people left the line after giving up on the wait.

Long story short, steer clear for food. Cannot speak to coffee or tea, but wouldn't gamble on it myself next time I'm in town.

• Visited August 2014

Vista, California
“Arrowhead Mountain Get away”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

great coffee and breakfast sandwiches.. would visit again for sure to try the bakery items. Likied the outdoor setting and dog friendly water bowls

Visited August 2014
Lake Arrowhead, California, United States
“Come for the chai, stay for the gelato.”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is my go-to for chai tea, hot or cold, all year round. The added bonus is a changing menu of gelato, usually 6-8 flavors. The most popular seems to be the salted caramel gelato - it disappears fast! You can enjoy paninis, pastries, and other treats as well while sitting inside or people-watching from the outdoor seating area. Each beverage is made while you wait (and watch!) - there is no stale tea here. If by some miracle you don't see what you specifically want on the day's menu, turn around, take a look at the wall of tea, and pick something for them to brew for you. You can also buy your favorite loose-leaf tea to take it home for later enjoyment!

• Visited July 2014
Lake Arrowhead, California, United States
“Great place for a bite while enjoying this mountain resort area!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Friendly staff, great tea and coffee drinks, and the paninis and and crepes are out of this world! The grilled paninis served here are the perfect mobile dinner to enjoy while watching one of the free weekend concerts during summer.

• Visited June 2014
California
“Gelato”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We didn't get any coffee, but went two days in a row for the gelato.
It isn't as good as in Rome, but very enjoyable while vacationing in Lake Arrowhead. Dark Chocolate, Bavarian Mint and Salted Caramel were favorites.

Visited June 2014