“"Thai" resturant”

California Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The cuisine has been Americanized not authentic however its a beautiful restaurant. I lived in Thailand for some time.. I suppose considering the clientele that usually visit I can understand the menu. Some items seemed more Chinese than Thai. They tend to use US produce.. things you would never find in typical Thai place. Tom Yum Goong is way to sweet everything seems to have that sweet BBQ taste. I think it's actually sweet chili sauce.. at any rate if you like everything to taste that way then this is for you if not then going just for the ambiance is nice if your up here for a visit.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I love Thai food. But this place is too upscale for my own comfort, and is not worth the money. Its definitely expensive, a bowl of coconut soup for two was I believe somewhere around $13, with nothing to take home. For some, that sounds like a good deal. But it literally was 1 bowl for me, 1 bowl for my partner. Not to mention that every time I have come in there, the service has always been slow when the building has been nearly empty. I don't expect to be waited on hand and foot, but when my water is low for 50 minutes and I'm paying over $30 for myself and my partner, I'd like to have at least some attention every now and then. But I do have to say, they have a great view of the Yacht Club and Lake. And their Thai Iced tea is very good. Their Pad Thai is so/so, if you want really good whole in the wall food try the Thai Place in San Bernardino.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This restaurant is located in Lake Arrowhead Village, on the water, across from the 'Center Stage.' It includes a bar, indoor and outdoor dining. My friend and I ate lunch outside on the patio.
The food was very tasty, menu is quite extensive (they offer lunch specials), and the service was EXCELLENT. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable experience at the California Thai Cuisine and would definitely eat there again!!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

My family and friends hesitated to have lunch here because we couldn't imagine good Thai food in Lake Arrowhead - were we wrong!!!!!!!! We ordered lots: chicken satay, yellow curry, penang curry, orange chicken, chicken fried rice special, eggplant, tom yum soup, won ton soup - it was ALL good. I overheard the next table saying they want to bring their family here. We even came back the next day and purchased to go. We all plan to have at least one meal at California Thai Cuisine every time we visit Lake Arrowhead.

1  Thank Tiffany G