“Not what we were looking for. Not a serene experience.”

Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lake Arrowhead
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I want to start off with stating that the hotel front desk staff, concierge, and valet were exceptional. So the remainder of this review is very hard to write. First, the room we stayed in was not worth $250+ per night and we did not have a good experience. We were in room 201. The bathroom floor was dirty and the back of the sink had not been cleaned. The king mattress was lumpy and leaned to one side so it was uncomfortable. Nothing like the fear of falling out of bed to ruin your sleep. We thought that it would be a peaceful stay but there was a reception in the room next to us and people could see into our room from the reception area. There were a lot of children and day and evening we heard the children running and screaming. Considering we went to relax this was a disappointment.

Also, during a trip to the steam room my elderly companion fell and cut his foot and arm. He tripped going into the steam room. He did advise the spa staff that he thought that he was okay and they gave him two bandaids that did not nearly cover the cut on his arm. He really needed something more than bandaids.

Room Tip: If you are going to relax pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MariaZ858
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Maria Z,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. I am very sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory and that you weren't able to enjoy the Resort as you should have. I can certainly understand your disappointment. I would love to discuss this with you further.

Your comments were shared with our team so that we can handle these types of situations more efficiently. I do hope you give us another chance and come back soon to enjoy the Lake Arrowhead resort and Spa experience as it should be.

Thank you for keeping us informed and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I discovered this place by accident while looking for a place to stay in Big Bear. We got the special rate for 2 nights (thanks Marriott!) and was given a room with a balcony that overlooked the pool and decent view of the lake. With the special rate, I was expecting parking lot view. Front desk and valet staff were extremely friendly (made me generous about tipping..lol) and treated us better than we're used to. The room looked very clean and smelled good. The sheets were nice which really helped us sleep great. Because of the overall feel of the hotel and the area we were in the great mood the whole 3 days. Our son and daughter did not have a single fight (we didn't think that was possible).

So anyways, the pool was heated just right at around 75F and crystal clear. The beach was nice but totally not swimmable. This is April anyway but it was warm enough outside to hang out at the beach and take a nap.

We had breakfast at the inhouse restaurant Bin 189. Food was great also pricey and place was not crowded at all.

It was well within walking distance of the village which was nice. I could go on and on but bottom line we will be back! Hopefully soon get the same room.

Room Tip: If you've never been to Lake Arrowood be prepared for the treacherous drive up and down the moun...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Norm S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thank you for choosing our Resort and posting such great and informative comments about Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. We pride ourselves in being a boutique Resort that is able to cater to our guests’ needs. We were happy to hear you were comfortable during your stay and able to enjoy the Bin189 and the Village. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Only stayed for the one night on our travels, would have liked to stay longer.
Welcoming staff. Spacious and fully equipped room with big comfortable bed.
Lovely views of the lake and quiet.....good value for money

Room Tip: We had a lake view, which was beautiful...

Dear Lynda B.!

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa! We hope to see you again when you can stay with us a little longer. See you soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

First, let me just say, I NEVER get away - never. Also, I never write reviews - ever. Both of those things changed last weekend for this girl. I live in Hermosa Beach - a vaca spot of its own, so, why leave my comfy bubble, right? Boy and boy, I have been SO WRONG. Loooongest story short, this girl needed to escape, and quick. So, last weekend, I did just that. I literally just googled places within a few hours and picked this place. I figured I'd make an adventure out of it. If it was awful it was awful, I just needed to go away. As soon as I drove into town, I was slowly starting to fall in love. The trees .. OH THE TREES!! Everywhere! (Hey, I live in LA, I majorly appreciate nature) I pulled into the hotel and I instantly KNEW I'd be having the weekend of my life. The place looked greta online, but in person, WOW - Just WOW! I parked (for free and plenty of space, btw) and when I walked in I was greeted by smiling faces. Then, more smiling faces - everywhere! The staff instantly won me over with their high level of customer service edge. Checking in was a breeze - The guy at the front desk went over and beyond just checking me into my room - He told me about the hotel amenities, and even told me what I might be interested in doing in town. As I walked to my room, I was overcome by the vibe in the hotel - from the decorations to the fireplace (you can't miss), I was in heaven. I get to my room and VIOLA, I'm wowed again. The bed was super comfy - My balcony view over looked the lake. I love my coffee, so how stoked was I too find STARBUCKS in the room!!!!! UMMM, yeah, LOVE IT!!!! Oh, my white ... my white robe ... I shoulda snuch that sucker home with me - When I was in the room, I lived in it. (te he) After cleaning up I head to, where else, THE BAR - Saw the piano on the left when I walked in and I knew I was in for more awesomeness. Met the rarest folks, to include the bar staff. The food - THE FOOD. Hey, girl can eat. Yep, I sure can. And eat I did .. great experience and great food - Again, still wowed! My entire 2 1/2 days were awesome, and just the getaway I needed. Not only did my trip encourage me to do more traveling, I plan on going back very soon. What can I say, I like being spoiled and the folks here do just that.

PS - They are literally ON THE LAKE, too. I felt like I was tucked away in Seattle somewhere, It was very dream-like. I felt inspired to write again .. And the lotion is SILKY SMOOTH STUFF!!! Love the smell!!!

Side note to the staff and GM, THANK YOU SO MUCH for making my weekend so special. It was absolutely what I needed. Can't wait to see you all again!!!

PS - If you find rocks around the hotel with quotes on them, te he, it was me!!! Gotta spread love!!!!

Oh, one more thing, the cleaning lady, Janeane or Janette? (short red hair) YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I love your sweet heart and I was FULLY impressed with how sincerely genuine and kind you were to me. I kept thinking, "I want her to adopt me!"

Room Tip: I stayed in 211 ( I think) It overlooked the courtyard and lake ... GREAT VIEW!!! I even got to see...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ericka D
Tracy S, General Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hi Ericka D! I am so happy yo hear that you thoughly enjoyed your stay at Lake Arrowhead resort and Spa. We pride ourselves in delivering an experience that you will never forget along with exceptional customer service. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I just returned from this hotel and really love it!

We were looking for a short getaway where we could bring our dog. However, most dog friendly hotels are not 4 stars so the search is always challenging. Well, we found our pet friendly spot!!

The lobby is very beautiful, the rooms well furnished. The bed was incredibly comfortable.

We got a mid-week deal and so the rate evn with resort and pet fee (not bad at $25) was still a great deal. We drove to dinner at The grill at Antlers Inn which I would highly recommend. I'd also recommend paying for the lake view side... Our pup sat on the balcony watching birds, squirrels and listening to the lake...dog heaven.

Pool was heated but still pretty cold outside... Hot tub was nice.

The only negative was the quality of the room service coffee. We ordered a carafe but didn't drink it. However when we told the hotel they said no problem and refunded the charge.

Great hotel and staff. We will be back!

Room Tip: Lake view!
1  Thank Travel_Obsessed101
Tracy S, Front Office Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Greetings Travel_Obessed,

Thank you so much for your responds it’s great to hear about your stay with us and hope to see you back real soon. It’s nice to know not only you and your husband enjoyed the hotel but your pup also..

Again thank you for staying with us and let us know when you’re in the area.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Was really excited to get away after weeks of a grueling schedule. Booked a "corner suite" at $650 a night - wanted a romantic experience - fireplace, suite, snow - what more could you ask for? $650 per night is really really steep for this room. I'll gladly pay the rate if the hotel gives you a great experience. They have definitely come in and remodeled the place, but it is still an older property and they miss the mark on giving you that high end experience that I expect for a high end price. I know this sounds picky, but for goodness sakes, can you please afford real creamer and sweetener for my morning coffee instead of the "motel 6" packages of powered cream/sugar/stir stick?

What really cut the trip short was the noise. A quiet corner suite - fireplace - and the 10,000 elephants that must have been staying in the room above me - it was non-stop stomping from check-in to 9:30 pm, and again first thing at 7:30 in the morning. Stomp - Stomp - Stomp. I did call front desk 3 times, and 3 times they claim they asked the zoo upstairs to keep it down - didn't help. I don't fault the hotel entirely, it's just an older property and you can't help but hear every noise and stomp from above. Kudos to front desk when the next morning I told them I was cutting my 2 night romantic trip short and checking out early - they did offer a 15% discount, bringing the room rate down to $550. Beds were comfy - as soon as the noise stopped from above I did have a good night's sleep. I also don't get the suite layout - there is a wet-bar, ice maker, small fridge, and a dining room table large enough to entertain the entire Olympic ski team. All in all, a nice property but I will never return. A little steep for the experience and there are so many other hotels I'd rather give my money to.

Room Tip: Don't see the value of the corner "suites"
2  Thank Diana C
Tracy S, Manager at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Hi Diana C!

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. We apologize that the loud noise above your room that interfered with your quiet getaway. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations. Please except out apologies. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact us directly or respond to my previous email sent to you personally.

We look forward to your response.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I came here during Memorial Day weekend for my birthday and surprisingly got a really good rate considering it was a holiday. The scenery from our balcony was beautiful. The rooms were very spacious and clean as well as the pool (which was heated! YAY!) and spa. We walked a short distance into town and they had a live band playing which was fun and there were plenty of great little places to eat. All in all, we had a wonderful time and would definitely return again! ....Probably in the summer when it's a bit warmer so we can enjoy the lake.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Heather!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Much appreciated! We are so glad to hear that your stay was so fabulous. Our goal is to deliver an exceptional experience. We look forward to seeing you this summer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Arrowhead
#1 of 7 in Big Bear Lake
Arrowhead Lake Inn
Arrowhead Lake Inn
#1 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!