“Great fondue and lake view”

Belgian Waffle Works
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hemet, California
“Great fondue and lake view”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

A dockside restaurant with a great view of the lake while you eat. My wife and I ordered the fondue platter to share and a waffle breakfast also to share; however, after seeing the size of the fondue platter we canceled the breakfast when the waitress said she held off placing the order in case we might not want it any more. I also had a hot buttered rum which was very good. I plan to go back to try one of the fancy waffles from their large selection. It is a little difficult to find but is lakeside below McDonalds. Prices were reasonable for a resort area.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
San Bernardino, California
“Always My Children's Favorite Place”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

When we asked our kids where they want to go for breakfast when up at Lake Arrowhead, they ALWAYS chose the Belgian Waffle Works, they ordered the large waffles and devoured them. They are a little pricey but nice for a treat. I asked my now grown daughter where she wanted to go for her birthday in October and she said this place, so we went with her two little babies starting another generation of Belgian waffle eaters. The food was as good as I remembered it and service was also good. Sometimes there is a long line waiting....not sure if they take reservations.

• Visited October 2013
Perigueux, France
“Worth finding!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Because this lakeside restaurant is advertised as a Waffle House we ignored it at first but it does all kinds of food. Very well it does it too! The salads and fish and chips is excellent and they unusually offer a choice of slaw as an accompaniment or a fruit up to follow included in most entrees. Delicious and warm friendly servers too. Loved it. Need to up their full menu upstairs or if it is make more prominent.

Visited March 2014
Crestline, California
“Quiet lunch on the lake.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This place holds a lot of memories for me. Including the time my husband and I ate here before we went for a hike and he proposed.

• Visited March 2014
Santa Maria CA
“Waffles were Huge but Disappointing”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The waffles are huge and tasty but really nothing to write home about. I got the s'mores waffle and expected it to have homemade marshmallow instead of the stuff from a jar. This place gets great reviews but I'm not sure why unless it's because there's not too many places to choose from in this remote location. The staff was okay, not overly friendly but not rude either, although not too attentive even though we were just about the only ones in the place. I don't see how they keep getting "the best breakfast in the Inland Empire" award, there are tons of great places in the Inland Empire but sadly this isn't one of them.

• Visited February 2014