“Just Perfect”
Review of Chateau du Lac B&B

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Arrowhead
Chateau du Lac B&B
London
“Just Perfect”
Reviewed January 1, 2007

One of our favorite things to do as a couple is travel the world, and in the process have stayed at over 55 B&B's. The Chateau Du Lac exudes a quality and romance we have seen less than a handful of times. Next year we will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and have decided to stay at this exquisite spot in Lake Arrowhead, California. We're thrilled to be going back!

• Liked — The warm ambience and hospitality
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank London-Lady43

Business
Reviewed January 30, 2006

We have stayed a few times at this chateau over the past three years. Gus and Kathy owned it before and were always so kind and accomodating. We couldn't wait to come back each time. Our last stay was in January with the new owners, Kelly and Debbie. What was already a wonderful bed and breakfast has now become the most amazing romantic getaway we could have imagined. They put so much class and attention into every detail. When we opened the door to our lakeview suite all I could say was "WOW!"

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2006

We just had the most romantic weekend at the Chateu. Kelly and Debbie have owned it less then a year and have done beautiful upgrades. Their hospitality was awsome and the food was outstanding. They really made us feel like family yet, they kept a very low profile to not disrupt out getaway. I have alreay raved to family and friends and have no doubt that we will be repeat guests.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed September 17, 2004

I was a guest at the wedding that all these women are writing cruel reviews about. The wedding was gorgeous and the hospitality great! There was a clique of women there that I overheard from the beginning putting down the bride's chosen location and wedding size. They were comparing her wedding to their's that they had "spent over $30,000 on" and "why didn't she have her wedding at the Ritz or some other such place." They were very snobby and rude. I hate for the bride to know this, but what these women are doing is wrong! They are lying about a perfectly elegant and wonderful event that the bride and groom appeared so happy with. I don't know what has possessed them to say the things they have, I had a great time! This location is in a residential area (next to a hospital!) I knew of the time restrictions, music over at 10p.m. Wedding over shortly thereafter. The owner was kind enough to let some guests hang out after the wedding was OVER to continue to drink and chat. Rather than being gracious guests, they abused her hospitality and were still partying at 12:30 a.m.! Some people have no class, and, unfortunately, they are usually the ones that post reviews. When a friend of mine told me what was going on, I decided I needed to post my view of the events. I would recommend a Chateau du Lac wedding to any of my family members or friends.

6 Thank happygirl123
Reviewed September 15, 2004

I was a wedding guest at this location over the summer, and I could not disagree more with the negative comments posted! I found everyone involved with the wedding production to be very professional and fun! This location is spectacular, and my boyfriend and I are talking about having our wedding here, because we were so impressed with how smoothly everything went at the wedding we attended! The weather was great, the food unbelievably yummy, and we had so much fun celebrating our friend's special day! I would highly recommend staying here for a weekend, or having a special event hosted here - it was very memorable!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 15, 2004

Although Chateu du Lac is in a pristine location near Big Bear, California and in the heart of beautiful national forests, service and accomodations at the Chateu were far from superb. Rooms are expensive and the hosts are ungracious and arrogant.

My friend recently held her wedding reception at Chateu and the owners of the establishment gave her wrong information; for example, she was told she would be able to have the reception until 2:00 A.M., but at approximately 11:45 P.M., tables were being moved and we were literally kicked off the dance floor. She turned down the music to a barely audible level (it's a wedding folks!) and was rude to a number of guests who were smoking on the deck. My friend and her new husband were informed that people would be allowed to smoke cigars OUTSIDE, but then were yelled at and forced to move to secluded corner. She also had scheduled another wedding for the following morning at 11:00 A.M. Guests of my friend's wedding party who were staying there were told that they would have be out by 10:30 A.M., although originally had been told there was not necessarily a check out time.

The host was clearly annoyed that people were still chatting at 12:30 A.M. and made a very rude comment to a wedding guest that SHE had to get up at the "*******" crack of dawn.

This would be a lovely place to hold a reception and stay on your wedding night if the owners/hosts had any business sense at all. The wedding itself was still fantastic, but Chateu du Lac put undue and unnecessary pressure on the bride and groom on one of the most important nights of their lives.

I do not recommend Chateu du Lac for any special occasion or even an even a relaxing vaction evening on the lake.

6 Thank guntren
, General Manager at Chateau du Lac B&B, responded to this review, September 15, 2004
We have just become aware of this posting from another client, and feel that this entire issue was a misunderstanding on the part of the wedding guest. The Bride and Groom were told prior to their event that due to the city noise ordinance of this residential neighborhood, that the reception and all amplified music must end at 10 p.m., and our D.J's that we work with on a regular basis are fully aware of this regulation, and comply. The owner was in full communication with the Bride and Groom, and they had very positive things to say about their experience. Perhaps if the guest in question had asked the owner or Event Manager at the time of the event, they could have been made aware of the regulations that we are required to operate under. We allowed some of the guests at the wedding to stay at the venue and continue to enjoy the evening long after the time scheduled, and only after numerous complaints from various neighbors did we have to ask them to cease their partying. We are sorry that this wedding guest felt that the owner was rude to her, and we value all of our Brides, Grooms, and their invited guests.
Reviewed July 15, 2004

Chateau du Lac in Lake Arrowhead, CA could not be a more unwelcoming place to spend a weekend. If you are thinking of heading to the San Bernadino Mountains, find another place to have your wedding or book a party. ONe of my best friends just had a wedding here where they set up for the next day's events while her event was still going on. Our rooms were not attended to. The hair dryer I requested was unusable. The vegetarian specials requested by the bride were never made. Many of the quests felt unwelcome as the hostess actually asked the guests to be careful because this was her house too...then, they should not host weddings. This could not have been a more unprofessional place to host an event. Avoid it!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#4 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead
Arrowhead Tree Top Lodge
Arrowhead Tree Top Lodge
#5 of 7 in Lake Arrowhead

Been to Chateau du Lac B&B? Share your experiences!