“Honeymooner's Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau du Lac

Chateau du Lac
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Arrowhead
Chateau du Lac
You added Chateau du Lac to your Saves list
“Honeymooner's Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed here on our honeymoon, and the owners went out of their way to make our trip picture perfect!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catz-N-NYC

Business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

I decided to take a last-minute trip up to Lake Arrowhead (arriving late on a Saturday from Los Angeles) and Kelly and Debbie, the proprietors, were so accommodating. I arrived after they had begun their evening errands and Kelly left the grocery store to come let me in to the house!

The home and property was stunning and it is such a welcoming atmosphere. Kelly gave me a tour and explained the house's history -- they really love their home and are so happy to share it. And the view is amazing -- especially at night!

The rooms are decorated beautifully and are fully appointed, complete with candles in the room and a whirlpool bath. Great for couples!

They were also able to accommodate my dietary restrictions, making a special vegetarian breakfast just for me.

I'd be back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Beth_X
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2007

One of our favorite things to do as a couple is travel the world, and in the process have stayed at over 55 B&B's. The Chateau Du Lac exudes a quality and romance we have seen less than a handful of times. Next year we will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and have decided to stay at this exquisite spot in Lake Arrowhead, California. We're thrilled to be going back!

• Liked — The warm ambience and hospitality
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank London-Lady43
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2006

We have stayed a few times at this chateau over the past three years. Gus and Kathy owned it before and were always so kind and accomodating. We couldn't wait to come back each time. Our last stay was in January with the new owners, Kelly and Debbie. What was already a wonderful bed and breakfast has now become the most amazing romantic getaway we could have imagined. They put so much class and attention into every detail. When we opened the door to our lakeview suite all I could say was "WOW!"

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

We just had the most romantic weekend at the Chateu. Kelly and Debbie have owned it less then a year and have done beautiful upgrades. Their hospitality was awsome and the food was outstanding. They really made us feel like family yet, they kept a very low profile to not disrupt out getaway. I have alreay raved to family and friends and have no doubt that we will be repeat guests.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2004

I was a guest at the wedding that all these women are writing cruel reviews about. The wedding was gorgeous and the hospitality great! There was a clique of women there that I overheard from the beginning putting down the bride's chosen location and wedding size. They were comparing her wedding to their's that they had "spent over $30,000 on" and "why didn't she have her wedding at the Ritz or some other such place." They were very snobby and rude. I hate for the bride to know this, but what these women are doing is wrong! They are lying about a perfectly elegant and wonderful event that the bride and groom appeared so happy with. I don't know what has possessed them to say the things they have, I had a great time! This location is in a residential area (next to a hospital!) I knew of the time restrictions, music over at 10p.m. Wedding over shortly thereafter. The owner was kind enough to let some guests hang out after the wedding was OVER to continue to drink and chat. Rather than being gracious guests, they abused her hospitality and were still partying at 12:30 a.m.! Some people have no class, and, unfortunately, they are usually the ones that post reviews. When a friend of mine told me what was going on, I decided I needed to post my view of the events. I would recommend a Chateau du Lac wedding to any of my family members or friends.

6 Thank happygirl123
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2004

I was a wedding guest at this location over the summer, and I could not disagree more with the negative comments posted! I found everyone involved with the wedding production to be very professional and fun! This location is spectacular, and my boyfriend and I are talking about having our wedding here, because we were so impressed with how smoothly everything went at the wedding we attended! The weather was great, the food unbelievably yummy, and we had so much fun celebrating our friend's special day! I would highly recommend staying here for a weekend, or having a special event hosted here - it was very memorable!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Arrowhead Lake Inn
#1 of 6 in Lake Arrowhead
4.5 of 5 stars 63 reviews
Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection

Been to Chateau du Lac? Share your experiences!