“Yes, there really is good Indian fare in Lagunitas” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Lagunitas
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Jacksonville, FL
“Yes, there really is good Indian fare in Lagunitas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I had dinner here as a member of a party of three and have to admit I was quite skeptical that a small isolated village like Lagunitas could host something as specialized as a really good Indian restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised. The place is a bit hard to spot from the road, but is well worth the trip (in my case from Fairfax). Short of San Francisco, it is some of the best Indian food I've experienced in various places across the country. Service is a bit surly and ambiance is nil, but the food makes up for that. We started the meal with an "Arti Platter" appetizer and for main courses had a selection of lamb, vegetable curry, and chicken dishes, all quite good, which we complemented with a side of Basmati rice. We also included a side of naan, which I will fault as being a bit short of what I am used to. The restaurant has a good wine and beer selection. but nothing on draft. Being Saturday night, we made reservations, which turned out to be unnecessary, but I should note the place is small enough it was a wise precaution.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JAXers

Seattle, Washington
“Best Indian Food Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I were staying in Inverness at the beginning of August and drove here for dinner one night. It was the best! I had a shrimp dish and rice. My husband had Arti's Special Chicken. Both were so great we came back a second time. I highly recommend this place. The service is great, the food is excellent and the other patrons are friendly and interesting too. It is also one of the most inexpensive places in this area.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank CaptainL
California
“Excellent Indian - Go out of your way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This restaurant is somewhat remote, but if you are in the area and enjoy Indian food, you have to go. I drove about 10 miles to get there on the recommendation of a local, and it was well worth it. I had the chana masala and a vegetable curry with basmati rice and naan. The curry was very good but a little spicy and the chana masala was one of the best I have had. The naan was fresh and hot and a little chewy, just like I like it. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the prices are very reasonable (entrees $10-14). The service was good, and pleasant. The waiter was not "grumpy" like a few other Indian places I have been. I eat Indian food regularly in the Los Angeles area and there is not a better restaurant there for the money.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Skytrekker
Austin, TX
“Go Here and Try it out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Good atmosphere, great Indian food, take out, inexpensive. What else can I say? We went with my mother who uses a walker and they were very helpful in getting her seated.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank janicefriesen
San Rafael, California
“Best Indian Food I've Ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place is seriously good. If you want a restaurant that's tucked away, romantic, authentic, and will keep you dreaming about it until you go back, this is the spot. I rave about this place to everyone.. it is a bit of a drive out to Lagunitas though. But so worth it!!

• Visited July 2012