“Fresh food”

Sushi Tomo
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Laguna Woods
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had the fried tofu and the octopus salad, which I had never tried before. Both dishes were excellent and very fresh. I was by myself and sat at the bar, and was disappointed that the service was poor. It was busy, but I felt ignored by my waitperson and had to wait a long time to get the bill after I finished. People who eat alone in a restaurant are not always cheap tippers, as the conception seems to be. On the bright side, I had a nice conversation with one of the sushi chefs; he made me feel comfortable.

1  Thank selkie0
There are newer reviews for Sushi Tomo

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was the first Sushi Bar and Restaurant I have been to in Orange County, CA. The sushi was freshly made in front of me and it was so good I ordered two meals! for myself! I was in heaven. The price was competitive and the selection large. It was busy so that gave me a hint it was good. People coming in looked like regulars.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Excellent sushi!!!!
You must try the jalapeño poppers appetizer!!!!
Everything is excellent!!!!
I went with my family and everybody love it!!!

1  Thank Fernando M
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I ate sushi here a lot while I was on a business trip staying at the hotel across the street. Every sushi roll I had was fresh. I thought they were reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have only been here once since the new owners took over, but that was a very good lunch experience. The Bento box was very good as was the monkey ball. The latter was even more interesting than from the old owners. We will definitely return for dinner soon.