“Wonderful hotel & and even better staff!!!”

Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Laguna Woods
GreenLeadersGold level
Mesa, AZ
“Wonderful hotel & and even better staff!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

My travel group stayed at the Ayres Hotel in Laguna Woods in August 2009 and I can not express how happy they were with this hotel selection. One of my elderly travelers had a minor emergency while at the hotel and the GM personally coordinated a trip to urgent care, stayed there throughout treatment and rented a wheelchair for the individual and paid for it himself. I book many hotels throughout North America and this is certainly some of the best service I've ever experienced! I recommend this hotel for any occasion and I've booked my group here at the Ayres for 2010 as well. Keep up the great work and we'll see you in 2010!

• Stayed August 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

My sister lives near here, so I am often looking for a good place to stay in the area. We have stayed here twice (July 2008, July 2009) for 5 and 6 nights. The experience was very good both times. The hotel is nice and well-decorated. The rooms are large (large enough for a family of four) and well appointed. The breakfast is very good. The service I have received has been first-rate. I find the value to be amazing. Overall I think they do a great job providing as much as they do for the price -- a large room, a microwave and fridge, a great breakfast, a nice pool, even free wireless Internet (I have paid as much as $20 a day for this elsewhere). This last time I opted for the more upscale partitioned room -- one half for us, one half for the kids -- and this afforded a bit more privacy (not as much as a separate bedroom, but almost as much). Overall, I think this place is solid and will probably stay here next time, too.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

I reserved a block of hotel rooms for my wedding guests. They told me they would hold the rooms until 3 weeks prior and release any unbooked rooms into inventory. Two months before my wedding I got a calling telling me that another group wanted to book the same dates and were giving me my 48 hour notice to put a credit card down else give the rooms to someone else.

They NEVER mentioned any time we talked to them anything about this little clause. The first time I heard about the 48 hour notice was when they called me two months out.

The woman on the phone was absolutely unapologetic and just kept asking me whether or not I wanted to put down a credit card. Ugh, I would never recommend them again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank VEGGIE719
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2009

This a wonderful, clean hotel. I am sure great for a business hotel although we stayed here on our trip to the pageant of the masters in Laguna Beach. Our first night however we were put in what we were told was a quite room on the top floor. What they neglected to tell us is that it is adjacent to a room converted to an engineering office and also a housekeeping room. Needless to say from 7AM on we heard the door open and shut several times and the clanking of dirty dishes coming through. not a good way to try and sleep in while on vacation. We asked to be moved. "Minnie" at the front desk argued with me level of noise, which I did not appreciate, but then succumbed to my requests and gave us another room, which was very nice and quite! Over all a good hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
travelchick1
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

While the hotel was in a perfect location for me, I was treated poorly by the staff from my first call to make a reservation. I had to change rooms due the noise from rooms below me. I was unable to get the front desk and had to use the 800 number to get someone to answer during this racket. Had to move to a far less attractive room with no help. Had numerous very rude, dismissive and unhelpful dealing with the front desk. I can not recommend this hotel to anyone after my experience there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank travelchick150
orange county, ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2008

Village Church of Irvine held their Women's Retreat here and it was perfect. Beautiful hotel, great breakfast and the staff was absolutely amazingly helpful. We will be back!!

• Liked — The bed and design
  • Disliked — The airconditioner wasn't as quiet as it could be
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

We stayed at the Ayers because we had friends getting married nearby and they booked a block of rooms there. We were honestly shocked at how nice it was considering the really good price we got. The room was enormous. The entire place is decorated lushly in a European theme, with pretty art, nice wallpaper etc. The room had a mini-fridge and microwave, which I always appreciate. The bedding was extremely comfortable.

The location is fine- very suburban and in a shopping area. The outside doesn't look like anything special, but the rooms were great.

The staff wasn't terribly friendly. The private breakfast the wedding party had was delicious.

I'd highly recommend the hotel. For the price, the room was awesome.

• Liked — The big room and the nice decoration
  • Disliked — The staff wasn't friendly
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laguna Woods
#7 of 22 in Laguna Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach
#4 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods? Share your experiences!