My family and I have spent countless hours and dollars with the Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods and we highly recommend their services for four reasons:
1) Great service/value and well-appointed: This hotel is clean, extremely comfortable, with great front office and back-of-house support. Their beds are as wonderful as any we've ever slept in and the rooms are a decent size with windows that can be opened. We recently had an unstable situation regarding our reservations because of fluctuating, last-minute developments around the death of our father and Ayres management was empathetic and accommodating, canceling and adding rooms and working with us on charges as needed.
2) Location: Convenient to the freeway without hearing any city/street noise and centrally located to Laguna Woods, Saddleback Hospital, the stables, some local hiking and not really that far from John Wayne airport and Laguna Beach (ok, it's a drive of about 20 minutes and I wouldn't call it a beach hotel, but it's still within striking distance by our standards).
3) Breakfast: These folks put on a wonderful, full, cooked-to-order hot breakfast in addition to a robust selection of granola, oatmeal, fresh fruit, teas/coffees, DIY waffles, pastries, etc. It's all you can eat and is head and shoulders above any other "continental" silliness that you'll find at the other hotels. Plus, the cooks and waitstaff are cheerful and friendly (and bilingual English/Spanish) if that matters to you — it's a plus for our family.
4) Family-friendly: It's a great value if you include breakfast and they have one of the nicer swimming pools around — fenced off, always clean and stocked with large towels. It looks like they also installed a lift for handicapped folks. There's also a clean, well lit and ventilated workout room that is seldom busy. And lastly, the cookies — always cookies in the evenings. And I believe they also host a happy hour.
Hope this helps. Give them a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charm and elegance of a European-inspired boutique hotel await you at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods! Whether you’re here for a short visit or a long, relaxing retreat, you’ll find all of the luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature double pillow top beds, flat screen TV’s, refrigerators, coffeemakers, microwaves well lit work desks and Wifi, iHomes, hairdryers, iron/ironing board, and curved shower rods. And every morning you will start your day right with our complimentary full American breakfast! Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods welcomes travelers to all of the exciting business, recreational, and entertainment attractions South Orange County has to offer. Surf, play, and lounge the day away at nearby, world famous Laguna Beach. Revive your wardrobe at the Laguna Hills Mall only one mile away. Also, be sure to check out the exciting night life at the Irvine Spectrum Entertainment Center where you can laugh at the Improv comedy club or play like a kid again at Dave & Buster's video arcade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Laguna Woods
- Laguna Woods Ayres Hotel