“Fantastic Breakfast Value”

Bay Area
“Fantastic Breakfast Value”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Fantastic breakfast
Super healthy & delicious steel oat oatmeal with nuts, cranberries & yogurt parfaits
Tasty thin paninis
Love the toasted sweet crisps
Very friendly & helpful food service
Excellent coffee
Great place for breakfast or lunch

• Visited May 2012

“Good bagel please?”
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Maybe its bc i know my bagels being from NY, or maybe its that I came here for one-- big, huge, fat fail.

Bagel was absolutely tasteless and so very stale, tasted like it was sitting there for 2months. And to charge me $2.75 for a dry, plain toasted bagel? Really?

Other items on the menu looked good, but I'm turned off by high prices for food that doesn't deserve to be served to anyone.

new jersey
“ok not that good”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I usually really like The Corner Bakery in other locations but I orderd a salad and it wasn't that good. Didn't seem really fresh.The roll was delicious but maybe I should have ordered a sandwich.

• Visited March 2012
atb2
“Do yourself a favor-Don't go there for breakfast”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Had to run some errands in the area. Wife had said she got a decent salad there before so we stopped in for breakfast. Place was busy. Now I can only wonder why. Are there no decent non-chain places to get breakfast in Laguna Niguel? Is this what is to be expected? Please don't both. Grab a piece of fruit at local supermarket instead or find a donut shop.

Ordered breakfast. Scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, toast and coffee. Wife ordered a panini. Eggs: cold, Sausage: cold, Potatoes: cold and must have been done day before, toast: cold with no butter, jam, margarine and seemed like might have been out for a while; Coffee: hot and decent. Panini (according to my wife): cold and somewhat stale tasting. Best I can say about the place is it seemed to be clean.

Now then I would have thought maybe the order had been sitting around a while and maybe it had but they served it within a few minutes of ordering so maybe it was someone else's order who gave it back to them. I should have. We needed to get an appt. or I would have made a point of speaking to mgmt and asking for money back. No one should ever be served food like this. I would say the price was reasonable but actually extremely expensive for the quality. Would not go back and clearly would not recommend to anyone.

• Visited December 2011
Laguna Niguel, California
“CB better wake up & take note that their patrons will only pay for fresly made, delicious food!”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I ordered a trio salad consisting of fruit salad, pasta salad and chicken salad. This is
what I received:

Chicken salad: looked like it had been sitting on a plate for hours, cooked and mixed together the day or 2 before.
Fruit salad: that was brown in areas and the fruit was either bruised or overripe.
Pasta salad: was watery and tasteless.

Honestly, any cook can easily prepare these items and make them palatable and fruit salad should never sit around, but I suspect the owners and managers of these places know this. They are just doing as they've been trained to do, which is to make and serve tasteless food that sits in refrigerators or plates (at least it looks like it does) for days on end and should be throw out rather than sold and which is what happened to my dinner. I suspect my food had been made into individual servings and sitting around until I ordered it...lucky me.

Also, my husband ordered a pretzel bread sandwich, which he was told after he ordered and paid for it ,that there was no more pretzel bread. You couldn't check with the kitchen and tell him there was no pretzel bread before he ordered? Our location was nearly empty at 7:15 on a Tuesday and I suspect it will be closing it's doors very soon unless someone wakes up, changes how they do everything and brings in cooks who care about what they are serving their clientele. We won't be returning.

• Visited August 2011