“very average”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Orange, California
“very average”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nothing has much taste, flavor, or originality. There is nothing making you want to go back for more.

• Visited January 2013

Boise
“Decent food with great service”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a typical Americanized Mexican restaurant with their tacos having a bit of an Americanized flair like a buffalo chicken taco or cheeseburger taco. Our server was awesome! Made sure our orders were in before that of a large group in the back. I did a mix and match option on tacos - crispy chicken & went out on a limb with the Texas taco (pork, bbq sauce & onion rings). The chicken taco was good. The pork one I ate only a couple bites. I went out on a limb on that one and decided to reel it back after a couple bites. Not one that I'd personally recommend. My co-worker had the pescado tacos & loved them. I would go back if it were another late night dinner like tonight was. It served it's purpose, but there are so many more delicious places in the area that I would choose first.

• Visited June 2013
Baker City, Oregon
“Good food-fun atmosphere”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went to Fred's on a Friday night with a large group. They were very accommodating and the food was very good. It is very noisy between tons of customers and loud music, but still fun. The decor is entertaining in itself and they have live music on the weekends (I always enjoy that). Food comes in large portions and is tasty. I'm sure you could easily split a meal here. Kids loved it as we'll as the adults. I ordered the half size tostada salad-yum..still too much food. Kids chicken strips was pretty good but should probably stick with what they do best-Mexican!

• Visited March 2013
Dana Point, California
“Go if you like the bar scene but for a meal - no thanks”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family and I went to this restaurant a year ago and none of us were happy with the food. I did not review it at that time. I returned recently with some friends, who wanted to check it out, and we were all disappointed with the food and service. The place has a great bar scene, many TV's, and advertises itself as the place to be for football games. We were there only for dinner and conversation. The service was horrible. We had to wait 30 minutes to get our food. We rarely saw our female server and on the rare occasions when she walked close by, we had to call out to get her attention to ask for something, i.e. water glasses refilled, dishes removed, another ice tea or whatever. Three of us ordered veggie quesadillas, which were dry and tasteless. Very difficult to cut with a knife, much less a fork. One person had chicken tacos, which were made with soft tacos, rather than the crispy ones she was expecting. She was told that the restaurant did not serve crispy tacos - period. Most unusual for a Mexican restaurant! Needless to say, we will not be returning.

• Visited December 2012
Dana Point, California
“Shrimp tacos are the best”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have never gotten anything other than their spicy shrimp tacos there! They are a favorite of mine. Fun atmosphere, fun staff and my family and I always enjoy ourselves.

Visited October 2012