“Great food, wonderful service”
Review of Romeo Cucina

Romeo Cucina
Ranked #8 of 151 Restaurants in Laguna Niguel
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
california
“Great food, wonderful service”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Four of us went to Romeo Cucina in Laguna Niguel last night. The food was excellent, as was he service. We ordered two caesar salads and they split the salads between four plates without being asked. They asked if we wanted anchovies and when we gave a wholehearted "yes", they added extras. It was wonderful! All of us had pastas, meatballs and spaghett, shrimp scampi linquini and their special seafood linguini. Everone really enjoyed the food. We will be back soon. The only complaint we had was that it was noisy - of course the place was packed, so I guess we could expect that.

• Visited January 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service and overpriced!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Here's the deal. When you pay $100 for dinner n drinks you expect some good for and good service. We had to waite 10 minutes for our menus, 30 minutes for our dinner, another 20 minutes for the bill and another 15 minutes for the waiter to run our card. So annoying!
As for the food... The steak was fatty and overcooked. Not worth $25.
The place needs better staff and more of it in my opinion.

1 Thank Cisco1971
San Clemente, CA
“Good, but room for improvement”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Romeo Cucina is a place that rermains a favorite of mine, in spite of missing the mark in some areas. My wife and I took two guests to dinner on a night that is likely to be a problem, anyway-- the Saturday before New Year’s. There was a “bump in the road” when we entered-- the restaurant couldn’t locate my reservation, which had been made online. Fortunately I carried with me a copy of the confirmation so that was straightened out
in a few minutes.( What made it bothersome was that I had a similar situation some months earlier, so I have a lack of confidence in their reservation accounting systems.) Once seated, though, we were welcomed by a waiter and ordered a good bottle of Chianti. A nice basket of fresh bread was brought to the table, but when I asked for butter, the waiter brought back a dish that was apparently right out of refrigeration and was very hard
to cut or spread. The food service later on came off without a hitch, except that my wife’s order of Short Rib Tortelloni was luke warm and had to be reheated. The restaurant’s
saving grace, of course, was the quality of the food-- it was excellent and fairly priced.
I ordered the Rigatoni Giulleta, which was excellent, and my wife said her Tortelloni was
the best she’d ever eaten. Our guests had a special Lobster pasta dish and a tasty
Cioppino, and both were very pleased with their choices. We topped off our tanks with an ice cream dessert but--here’s that bugaboo again-- it was so hard that it was difficult to eat. All in all, we had a crowded house but still inviting ambiance, excellent food, adequate table service, a hot entree that was not hot enough and two other orders that were almost too cold to manage. The latter may be due to the busy kitchen on a crowded holiday evening, so we’ll give it another shot on a “normal night.” The environment and food itself is 1st class.

• Visited December 2012
“A neighborhood favorite that dropped in quality.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We've been going to here for years. The last time we went we both ordered chicken dishes and they had no flavor and weren't prepared well. We asked if they had been made earlier in the day and the waiter admitted they were. They gave us a small discount, however I would not recommend ordering anything that is not prepared fresh. The pizza is very good and they prepare that on the spot.

1 Thank 4passion
Naples, Florida
“Disappointed:( but hopeful”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We went to Romeo's for the first time after reading so many positive recommendations. I ordered the veal scaloppine and it was tough and spinach was over cooked. My husband ordered the oso buco and loved it. I will probably go again and try something else.