“My Only Bad Spa Experience”
Review of Euro Day Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Euro Day Spa
Reviewed June 29, 2006

Date of Spa Treatment: June 20, 2006

My wife and I occasionally visit spas/day spas together for a relaxing time of massage and peacefulness. We have had great experiences at La Costa in Carlsbad, California, and at Amadeus in Pasadena, California.

Some of our experiences have been better than others, but we had never had a bad experience until our day at Euro Day Spa. It started with a disappointment in the level of cleanliness. It went downhill from there. Although my wife found her therapist to be more or less ok, my therapist seemed to lack training in massage techniques. When it came time for the Vichy shower, my therapist again seemed to lack knowledge in the setup of the equipment which required me to adjust the equipment myself after the therapist left the room. However, no amount of adjustment could overcome the partially clogged shower heads (apparently obtained from a discount home improvement center). Now contrast this with the quality and good condition of the Vichy shower at Amadeus Spa. To top it all off,
Euro Day Spa had scheduled a local television Ad that day. Forget about serenity and peacefulness when TV crews are moving around the hallways with cameras. This has been our one and only absolutely horrible spa experience. My strong recommendation is to omit Euro Day Spa from your spa plans.

One last thing. It took forever to pay the bill upon leaving. It seems one woman in line had a greivance, and endless arguments with the front desk ensued.

2  Thank ComfortSeekersUSA
LK_LagunaNiguel, President and Medical Director at Euro Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2007

As President and Medical Director of Euro Day Spa and a physician (dermatologist) I take great pride in our spas. I was surprised when I encountered this negative review, not only because this is the first negative review I have ever seen posted on any internet site about us, but also because this guest did not give us his feedback first so we could address the issues. I also cannot understand where some of his comments came from, since I have never had a single patient or spa guest EVER comment negatively on our cleanliness. We are probably one of the cleanest establishments around since as a physician I feel this is one of the most important things in a spa. We even surgically sterilize our instruments for pedicures and facials.
This guest also had no complaints about his wife's treatments, yet said this was the worst spa experience he ever had. All of our therapists are extremely experienced or they cannot work for us. We all have occasional bad days however and if he had given us feedback on a treatment he was not totally satisfied with, we would have compensated him in some way.
Lastly, the commercial he was referring to was actually an interview with Fox 11 News that was occuring that day. The TV crew was suppossed to be silent in the spa and not disrupt anything, but unfortunately it seems they did adversely affect this guest's experience. Again, had we known we would have made things right.
We have been around since 1999 and are very successful. This success would not have occurred if we had many unhappy guests. While no business is perfect, we are proud of how many people return again and again from our community.