“Inventive and creative menu with lots of flavor”
Review of Chaparosa Grill - CLOSED

Chaparosa Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I'm really suprised by negative reviews. We've been going to this place for years and it is always really good. We come for lunch often and the salads always consist of very fresh, high quality ingredients. No crummy iceberg out of a bag here. Has great patio seating, too.

I often get the cobb salad, and the sign of a good salad is if it's served with fresh bacon which it does here. It comes with generous portions of grilled chicken, along with all the other regular ingredients, and tossed in a vinaigrette that tastes homemade and not bottled.

The ahi tuna is always fresh and perfectly seared, the Chinese chicken salad is authentic, and the chicken mango salad is yummy, too. Oh, and it's always a treat that a Caribbean-themed place has unbelievable clam chowder. All of their soups are clearly homemade, and don't taste like they came out of a can from a restaurant food distributor.

Bottom line, come here for a delicious meal made of fresh ingredients at a locally-owned business. It's so much better than paying the same price for TGI Friday's processed foods.

1  Thank SoCalBeachGirl

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This restaurant is kind of tucked in the corner of a fairly large shopping center, so it was a little hard to find. Once we got there though we had a really good experience. It was a Saturday night around 7PM and the place wasn't too crowded so we were seated right away. The servers were very friendly and had some good suggestions for our meals. The food was well prepared, abundant and at a good temperature by the time it was served. Desserts are very good as well. Our martinis were pretty good too as the bartender doesn't skimp. Good food, good service, we'll go her again.

1  Thank Garden_Isle_Girl
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I can't imagine a place with such untrained help. We waited forever for someone to just stop by our table. As waiters passed us by without so much as a look. Once we got noticed the rest of the night was horrible. First they would not honor a coupon purchased online, I ordered a special, that was not covered. I asked at the door, was this coupon valid, I was told that it was, but when the bill came, sorry you ordered the wrong item. I would never go back and would advise all in Orange county, too many great places to put up with crappy service and rip offs.

1  Thank Norwegian45
Reviewed June 19, 2010

The cioppino was so spicy that it was not edible. They replaced with a "less spicy" cioppino - but I think it was the original dish returned to me. It was not edible either. I have had cioppino all over the world and this was undoubtedly the worst I have ever had. Your chef does not understand fine cooking or dining at all.

A TripAdvisor Member
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed February 11, 2006

This is an amazing restaurant and now they have opened a second location we have two great restaurants in the same city!
The four owners care about their customers a great deal and the service is very personal. The menu is most unusual with great sauces for the meats, fish and pastas and the pizzas are inspired. The surroundings are very tropical and sitting on the patio on a warm evening you feel as though you are in Hawaii. These are true neighborhood restaurants where you can have a great night out that is not too expensive.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member